Journeyman Power Lineperson/Advanced Apprentices
Journeyman Power Lineperson OR ADVANCED APPRENTICES
Westario Power Inc. is now accepting applications for a Journeyman Lineperson who is directly responsible to the Line Supervisors, for the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground distribution system.
Westario Power’s headquarters are located in the Municipality of Brockton serving over 22,000 customers in fifteen communities within Grey, Bruce, Huron and Wellington counties.
To be considered, candidates must possess as a minimum:
- Journeyman Power Lineperson Certificate licensed to work in Ontario.
- Valid Class “DZ” drivers license with an excellent driving record.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with internal/external customers and electrical industry partners.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties in all weather conditions.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution system construction drawings and supporting documents.
- Knowledge of the Electrical Safety Authority Regulation 22/04,Utility Protection Code, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Construct and maintain energized and de-energized electrical distribution lines, sub-transmission lines and associated assets.
- Be on stand-by duty on a scheduled basis as well as be able to respond to and deal with call outs.
- Assist in the training of apprentice line maintainers.
- Operate company vehicles as required.
- Adhere to the policies and legislation, which relate to the safe construction, operation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems.
- Must be familiar with live line work practices, rubber glove work, aerial truck and radial boom derrick.
- Report unsafe conditions and recommend ways of improving the safety of the work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a detailed resume, including work experience, education and references to:
Westario Power Inc.
24 Eastridge Rd, RR2, Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
Or email to: email@example.com
A competitive and attractive compensation package is available to the selected candidate. Westario Power is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all participants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 22, 2014