Electrical/Protection & Control Engineer
Last Day to Apply: June 26, 2014
ELECTRICAL/PROTECTION & CONTROL ENGINEER
Ref. # WE5e 51.03.00
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, and energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As a Protection & Control Engineer, the primary responsibilities include:
- providing technical direction and supervision to a small group of electrical technicians;
- applying sound engineering principles to support various P&C, Substation, SCADA and Telecom systems;
- development of new Utility Capital and Maintenance Programs;
- completing coordination studies, load flow studies, establishing protection philosophy, selecting protective, control and SCADA equipment, processing connections for generators and sub-transmission customers, interpreting regulatory requirements;
- preparation of work orders, detailed estimates and specifications, review of drawings or plans, including on-site inspection and administration of contract work.
- P.Eng. designation and an Electrical Engineering Degree with some experience in P&C, preferably within an electrical utility. (Consideration may be given to EITs with strong general engineering skills);
- solid communication skills at the internal and external level;
- strong interpretive and analytical skills;
- three to five years of experience working with electrical distribution systems, preferably in substation design or protection and control;
- proficiency in reading and interpreting civil and electrical drawings;
- experience related to telecommunications applications is also an asset.
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 26, 2014 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
765 QUEEN ST E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2
Reference # WE5e 51.03.00
Fax: (705) 759-6545
May 23, 2014