Last Day to Apply: January 12, 2018
Are you a certified Municipal Electrical Operator or an Apprentice Municipal Electrical Operator capable of working various shifts in a 24/7 operations environment? If so, consider joining London Hydro as a Systems Operator.
Working under the direction of the System Operating Centre Supervisor, or designate, operate the distribution system to ensure the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of electricity.
As part of your responsibilities as a Systems Operator, you will:
- Apply the Utility Work Protection (UWPC) code according to SOC procedures.
- Operate and monitor the distribution system using SCADA, OMS and other tools.
- Coordinate the interruption and restoration of service.
- Answer customer calls.
- Maintain accurate operating maps, GIS/OMS records, event logs, job files and UWPC records. Check completed work packages for adherence to corporate practices.
- Provide nomenclature for new equipment.
- Provide system operating centre (SOC) services for external utilities (Electricity, Water, etc.).
- Coordinate the response to requests for assistance from emergency services.
- Complete administrative tasks using SAP, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
- Mentor and train apprentices.
- Analyze loss-of-supply contingencies, review historical event records, optimize system availability by reviewing planned and current system configurations and prepare summary reports.
- Act as a primary system operating centre liaison for planned work.
- Work various shifts to provide 24/7/365 service, completing all duties as assigned on all shifts.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations, the E&USA rule book, London Hydro work practices and London Hydro’s Health & Safety Management System.
- Perform other job-related duties.
A community college graduate from an Electrical Engineering Technician program or equivalent, you also bring the following credentials to the position of Systems Operator:
- A valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Eligibility for MEA Journeyman Municipal Electrical Operator Certificate.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and be an effective communicator.
- Ability to work various shifts, as required, to provide 24/7 coverage.
About London Hydro
For over a century, London Hydro has been providing safe, affordable and reliable electricity to a diverse customer base. We are one of the area’s larger employers, with a highly skilled and motivated team of people across many different occupations. Through this dedicated team and an extensive network of overhead and underground power lines, we power over 150,000 homes and businesses, and continue to improve the way people live and work.
For more information and to apply
To find out more about London Hydro, as well as this and other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.londonhydro.com. If you are both qualified and safety-focused, we invite you to send your resume, by January 12, 2018, to: Human Resources Department, London Hydro Inc., P.O. Box 2700, London, ON N6A 4H6. Fax: 519-661-5164. E-mail (quote Systems Operator in the subject line and ensure that you attach your resume): firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to the commencement of employment. An education check will also be conducted.
Living in London offers many lifestyle benefits. Develop your career at London Hydro. Watch the short video below for more details!
London Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
December 13, 2017