Last Day to Apply: January 22, 2018
Our client serves approximately 39,300 residential, commercial and industrial customers in the City of Brantford and has been providing electricity distribution since 1935. They are committed to delivering safe, efficient and reliable electricity to their customers while offering the best energy and conservation solutions and superior customer service.
Brantford Power’s strategic focus is on building sustainable communities while making continual improvements and investments across all aspects of its business including employee and community customer responsive customer service; and conservation programs. The utility is wholly owned by the Brantford Energy Corporation.
Brantford Power is governed by a Board of Directors that has ultimate accountability for the overall direction and results of the Corporation. The board oversees the conduct of the business and the performance of management who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business.
Reporting to CFO and Vice President of Corporate Services (CFO), the Corporate Controller supports the CFO’s oversight responsibilities by taking the lead in ensuring that business processes and related information systems incorporate effective internal controls. The Controller will have a focus to monitor and coordinate planning and quality assurance activities to ensure the timeliness, integrity, completeness and integration of required business information to support decision making by the Company Leaders and Board of Directors.
This scope of this oversight responsibility is organization wide across all of the entities in the Brantford Energy Group of Companies and applies to strategic financial planning and budgeting, financial management and reporting, enterprise risk management, regulatory and business compliance.
The Manager of Finance will report to the Corporate Controller to complete the core Team supporting the CFO. Additionally, the Corporate Controller will have a “dotted line” reporting relationships within the various leaders in the Corporate Services organization and will be interacting regularly with other Leaders in the BEC Group of Companies to ensure business processes in use across the entities that impact financial transactions will reflect the necessary measures and processes required to protect and enhance the financial interests of the Companies.
As this role has broad oversight responsibilities, success depends significantly on:
- proven performance on leadership competencies,
- demonstrated project and change management experience with examples of multiple concurrent projects,
- demonstrated creativity in problem-solving including in circumstances where information is incomplete and/or tight deadlines exists,
- ability to resolve conflicts between staff or departments in the best interest of the businesses,
- well-developed communication skills necessary to direct, influence or advise Executives, Leaders and Staff in sensitive circumstances most often without direct reporting relationships, and the ability to provide timely, flexible and quality customer service to internal and external customers.
This role requires sound judgement with the ability to discern and evaluate in a thoughtful and balanced way adherence to existing policies when application is clear with ability to interpret and use discretion when application is not as clear to ensure outcomes are in keeping with the objectives of policies and result in the best interest of the businesses.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Business or Accounting
- CPA Accounting Designation
- A minimum of 3-5 years direct experience in varied aspects of financial management including accounts receivable and accounts payable management, payroll administration, accounting and reporting, regulatory reporting, budgeting, month end and fiscal year end reporting and corporate income tax (PILS) compliance. Specific experience with in a regulated environment; regulatory filings and obligations for Ontario Local Distribution Companies is desirable.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of financial management and related systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and able to create and maintain complex financial models in Excel. Exposure to CASEWARE is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and modeling statistical and financial data and preparing business cases incorporating financial and non-financial considerations including risk factors and where applicable, sensitivity analyses is an asset.
- Strong project management skills and substantial exposure to multiple project-based work reflecting concurrent deadlines.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Larry Sartor, Sartor & Associates Inc. at 416-464-6856 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brantford Power is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply for the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a full job description, please visit sartorandassociates.com/brantcorpcontroller
December 22, 2017