Last Day to Apply: January 19, 2018
Ontario Energy Board
Regulating Ontario’s electricity and natural gas sectors
The Applications Division is responsible for managing and processing all proceedings relating to rates, facilities, conservation and the Regulated Price Plan (RPP), as well as the management of operational policies in support of natural gas and electricity applications.
The Supply & Infrastructure department is responsible for assessing and coordinating the analysis of applications relevant to electricity and gas facilities, as well as applications related to construction and operation of the distribution, transmission and storage of natural gas. In addition, this group is responsible for supporting the Ontario Energy Board (OEB)’s review of supply related applications for the gas commodity, the regulated price plan for electricity consumers, and Ontario Power Generation. In managing these applications, staff resolve issues, provide professional support on a wide variety of technical issues and subjects, assist the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) in its processes, and ensure completion of the official record.
We are currently seeking an energetic individual to join our team and assist the OEB in achieving its vision of protecting the long term integrity of the province’s energy system so that Ontarians today and tomorrow have access to reliable energy at a reasonable cost.
Job ID #561
1 Full-time Permanent Position
Under the direction of the Manager, the Analyst reviews, analyzes and processes applications filed with the Board. The Analyst will provide assistance to Project Advisors and Advisors in the review and analysis of discrete elements of applications, and advice on applications issues within a finance, economics, construction or environmental impact area. The Analyst will also undertake research and analysis to help develop recommendations related to electricity and natural gas policies.
If you enjoy working with a group of professionals dedicated to working co-operatively with stakeholders to help build and sustain public confidence in Ontario’s natural gas and electricity sectors, you’ll enjoy being a member of this team.
- Processes applications, preparing schedules and procedural documents (notices, procedural orders);
- Manages schedules and procedural steps in applications, in accordance with established OEB processes;
- Maintains contact with Board Members, legal, other staff team members and intervenors on all procedural matters related to assigned applications;
- Ensures that all data in the Applications Management System for assigned cases are accurate and up-to-date;
- Assists in the preparation of Decisions and Board Orders under the direction of a Board panel;
- Identifies relevant issues associated with assigned applications;
- Assists Project Advisors and Advisors in the review and analysis of discrete elements of applications;
- Provides analysis and advice in multiple areas such as finance, economics, construction and environmental impact;
- Develops interrogatories, technical conference questions and briefing notes;
- Develops Board staff submissions;
- Undertakes research and analysis related to electricity and natural gas policies;
- Monitors sector and Board developments from all relevant internal and external sources;
- Maintains industry knowledge by reviewing trends and important issues.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- 1 year’s experience working with stakeholders or clients conducting research and analysis, preferred.
- Experience in a regulated industry or public utility, an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, an asset.
- Demonstrated accountability to produce high-quality work, in a timely manner.
- Proven adaptability to work effectively in a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers).
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment.
- A commitment to professional development and continuous learning.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to show initiative by being proactive and achieving goals.
- Strong planning and coordination skills in order to execute activities.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates who meet the minimum requirements above.
- For more information about the Ontario Energy Board, please visit our website at www.oeb.ca.
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your resume, in confidence, by January 19, 2018, to email@example.com. When applying, please quote Job ID #561 and the Position Title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please note: Qualified candidates who are not successful may be considered to fill vacancies for jobs with similar requirements and selection criteria over the next six months.
As Ontario’s independent energy regulator, the Ontario Energy Board is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We regret that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
January 5, 2018