Last Day to Apply: May 25, 2018
WELLAND HYDRO-ELECTRIC SYSTEM CORP.
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp delivers power to more than 22,600 residential and business customers in the City of Welland with a history as a proven top performer in service delivery, efficiency, safety and system reliability.
Presently, we have a vacancy in our Operations Department for a Meter Technician. Applicants must provide a detailed resume, outlining their education, experience and related qualifications.
- Install, maintain and test single-phase and poly-phase metering systems.
- Verify the installation of primary wiring, perform cross phase analysis, interpret results, measure and verify ratios of metering transformers.
- Operations control room functions, including the utilization and maintenance of the SCADA system.
- Prepare switching orders and work protection packages.
- Provide guidance and dispatch to line crews performing distribution system switching.
- Implement, maintain, and troubleshoot substation protection and control systems.
- Provide locates of underground utility plant, as may be required.
- Use knowledge, training and good judgement to ensure the safety of workers and the public is met at all times.
- Work in a manner that exceeds the requirements of the company’s policies, rules, systems and procedures, the IHSA Electrical Utility Safety Rules, the Utility Work Protection Code, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated Regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Three-year college diploma in Electrical or Electronic Technology
- Journeyperson Meter Technician certification or equivalent
- Must be eligible for OACETT Registration
- SCADA/Operations experience required
- Protection and Control experience preferred
- Underground Locates experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation including OHSA, UWPC, EUSA rules, WHMIS, TDG regulations, etc.
- Ability to work safely and independently with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications, in confidence by 12:00 pm Friday, May 25, 2018 to:
Subject: Meter Technician
Attention: Director of Customer Service & Employee Relations
Please advise if any accommodations are required to process an application for the advertised position as per the Accessibility Act.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, all information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will only be used during the selection process for the subject posting.
April 24, 2018