Powerline Maintainer Learner
North Bay, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: May 25, 2018
NORTH BAY HYDRO DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
POWERLINE MAINTAINER LEARNER
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited strives to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and reliable electrical service within the community of North Bay. We value employees and are looking for the right person to come and join our exciting and dedicated team.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Power Line Maintainers with the installation and maintenance of overhead and underground lines and equipment up to 44 kV.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Grade 12 Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Valid Class “D” driver’s license or ability to obtain same within six months
- Valid “Z” air brake endorsement or ability to obtain same within three months
- Previous exposure to electrical theory will be considered an asset
- Must have the ability to progress to Power Line Maintainer status
- Must meet medical and functional abilities standards
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate will work towards the completion of the Powerline Technician Apprentice program, satisfying the competency and certification requirements both in terms of hours worked (8000 hours) and a formal training program. Progression within the classification will be dependent upon satisfactory on-the-job performance and the successful completion of mandatory training courses.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a comprehensive benefit package. Interested applicants should submit their resume detailing related education, qualifications and experience to:
North Bay Hydro Distribution Ltd.
P.O. Box 3240
North Bay, ON P1B 8Y5
Attention: Paul Ridley, Manager, Operations
Applications will be considered until May 25, 2018
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be solely used to determine eligibility for employment in this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
May 10, 2018