Last Day to Apply: May 18, 2018
Erie Thames Powerlines Corporation is a licensed electricity distribution company servicing over 18,000 customers throughout South Western Ontario. Erie Thames is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Lines Supervisor.
This management position reports directly to the Director of Operations and Risk and is responsible for the oversight of the powerline maintainers for both Ingersoll and Aylmer service centres.
To be considered, candidates must possess as a minimum:
- MEARIE (EDA) Journeyman Power Lineperson Certification with five to ten years related experience.
- Valid Class “DZ” driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Able to develop and implement plans and budgets and allocate resources.
- Experience using MS Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of the Electrical Safety Authority Regulation 22/04 and EUSR, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Lead by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity and enthusiasm in achieving results directly and through staff work teams.
- Plan work programs with support personnel to achieve corporate objectives, considering availability of staff, equipment, material and the need for safety, quality and economy.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally, electronically (e-mail) and in writing.
- Recruit, develop and motivate top caliber employees, delegate responsibility effectively.
- Evaluate performance, monitor and apply corrective action as required.
- Execute excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Achieve a safe, efficient, timely and cost effective supply of reliable electrical energy to customers.
- Monitor system elements and make proposals for cost effective system upgrades and expansions that employ current robust technologies that maximize the goals of the Corporation.Erie Thames Powerlines is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a resume stating qualifications and work experience by Friday June 1st, 2018.
Human Resources, 143 Bell Street, Ingersoll, ON N5C 3K5 or email to email@example.com
Erie Thames Powerlines offers a competitive wage and benefit package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
May 10, 2018