Thunder Bay, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: June 04, 2018
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc.
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc., (the “Project Manager”) a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc., acts as the Project Manager of Wataynikaneyap Power LP (“Wataynikaneyap Power”). Wataynikaneyap Power is a licensed transmission partnership equally owned by 22 First Nation communities (51%), in partnership with Fortis Inc. (49%). To connect remote First Nation communities to the electrical grid, Wataynikaneyap Power will develop and operate approximately 1,800 kilometers of 230 kV, 115 kV, and 44 kV lines in northwestern Ontario. Located in our Thunder Bay office, the Project Manager is currently recruiting for a:
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Finance, the successful applicant will be responsible for procurement activities related to the acquisition of goods/services and manage contracts for the Project. The candidate must possess tact, diplomacy and good judgement/discretion when dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information and ensure all Company policies and procedures are considered.
This position will be responsible for a number of duties and responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Monitor and support the Aboriginal procurement activities as they relate to the Aboriginal Procurement Policy
- Responsible for Requests for Proposals, Invitation to Tender, Request for Quotes, contracts negotiations, procurement strategic planning, and building stronger supplier relations
- Develop procurement strategies that deliver the best value of supply of good and services in support of the Project’s strategic goals and the Aboriginal Procurement Policy
- Participate in selecting suppliers and preparing/managing all contracts for accuracy (amend as required); oversee the purchasing of equipment and inventory materials for the Project
- Ensure contracts are monitored, updated, terms met, and all deliverables achieved; maintain price lists on assigned commodities; negotiate prices, terms, and ensure that inventory levels are monitored
- Investigate and develop new supply sources, expedite materials, supplies and services for the Project through a fair and competitive bidding process within the scope of business requirements
- Resolve any disputes, discrepancies, scheduling issues and delivery delays or others that may present
- Manage, generate, and organize all internal/external documentation related to contracts for the Project
- Other duties and responsibilities may be added or amended
The successful candidate must have the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Successfully obtained a degree or diploma in Business/Public Administration or a related discipline
- Five (5) years experience in a related position or experience deemed acceptable to the Company
- Experience with supply management, procurement, inventory, and contract administration
- Experience working with First Nations; First Nations language considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite; experience or knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, communications (oral and written), and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to function in a continuously demanding environment with changing/conflicting priorities
- Exceptional level of discretion, confidentiality, and judgement with proven problem skills with the fortitude to take imitative where appropriate
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario “G” driver’s license with a clear abstract - travel will be required
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter/resume in PDF to Human Resources no later than June 4, 2018 by e-mail to HR@wataypower.ca. Please indicate “PRO-SPEC” in the subject line.
The Company promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage First Nation candidates to apply; we thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request an accommodation(s) at any stage of the recruitment cycle.
May 16, 2018