Engineering Technician - 1 Year Contract
Last Day to Apply: December 17, 2018
Engineering Technician – 1 year Contract
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will mainly be responsible for managing various electricity distribution system projects, including analysis, design, costing, liaison and administration to completion and final close-out.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The duties for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Design, prepare drawings and prepare cost estimates, contracts, and work order packages for various electricity distribution system projects including overhead, underground (for new, rebuild and subdivisions), new service design (residential, commercial, industrial) and obtain all necessary approvals required for construction in accordance with approved standards
• Construction site inspection; gather and maintain field and office records
• Monitor progress of projects and prepare reports
• Prepare and provide input in the development of construction standards and material specifications
• Supply technical and installation specifications to others, including utility personnel, customers, contractors, regulators and consultants
• Assist with asset management programs
• Coordinate and schedule construction of projects with Operations and contractors
• Graduate of a 2-year Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technician program
• Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the engineering field
• Applicants for the position must be registered as a Certified Engineering Technician (C. Tech.) with O.A.C.E.T.T.
• It would be considered an asset to have
o Knowledge of GIS systems
o Knowledge of utility related construction practices
o Knowledge of Ontario Regulation 22/04
o Project Management skills
o Working experience to SpidaCalc or other line design software
• Applicants must
o Have computer knowledge, including proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
o Have the ability to read technical drawings
o Have an excellent safety record and strong safety awarenesso Have an exceptional attendance record and proven time management skills
o Be dependable. This role is relied upon to complete assigned work within permitted timelines
o Have the ability to work with minimal supervision
o Be a highly motivated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with both internal and external clients
o Possess a valid Ontario Class G Drivers license with a good driving record.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to Careers@WhitbyHydro.on.ca for consideration by December 17, 2018. When applying, please state Engineering Technician in the subject line.
December 3, 2018