Last Day to Apply: January 07, 2019
Cornwall is a beautiful, safe and friendly growing community. Cornwall is located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario, and has everything you need to enjoy an exceptional quality of life. With a small town feel, businesses and waterfront minutes away from your front door along with new opportunities awaiting around every corner. Cornwall is strategically situated near Kingston, the picturesque 1000 Islands and is a short drive from Ottawa/Montreal. Cornwall is an affordable place to live, and a great place to raise a family. Cornwall Electric is currently recruiting for a:
This position will provide engineering guidance on project design and management in the areas of distribution system planning, substation design (115/12.5 kV), including protection and controls according to applicable codes and standards, for our electrical systems throughout Cornwall and the surrounding area. Set operational standards and ensure compliance within design, materials and installation as well as ensure support and adherence to all safe work practices and environmental integrity. Along with establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships, the incumbent in this position will foster harmonious labour relations, provide support as required to develop and maintain an operating budget, seek process improvement opportunities as well as ensure compliance to Company polices and all applicable legislation.
The successful candidate will have practical knowledge of industry rules, common electrical utility practices and regulations (such as but not limited to the OEB, CEC, and EUSA). Candidates will have a working understanding of the electrical distribution utility environment, with a solid foundation of power systems and distribution system planning. This will be in additional to excellent communication and interpersonal skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, GIS Systems, and Database management.
If you happen to have a positive attitude, be seeking a rewarding career, opportunity to work both independently, be part of a collaborative and dynamic team with an attractive compensation package and more - we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed a degree in Electrical Engineering, and registered in good standing as a licensed in Professional Engineering (P.Eng), or eligibility to qualify in Ontario.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience preferably in a regulated utility environment.
- Understanding regulatory environment for the utility industry is required.
- Experience with transmission and distribution line and substation construction would be an asset.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, originality, ingenuity, and engineering knowledge of principles for devising practical and economical solutions to engineering problems. Sound judgement and the ability to make difficult decisions, often with competing priorities.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario “G” license with a clean driving abstract - travel will be required.
- Advanced computer skills with demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter/resume in PDF to Human Resources no later than January 7, 2019 by e-mail to HR@FortisOntario.com. Indicate “SNR-ENG” on the subject line.
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request an accommodation(s) during the recruitment cycle.
December 6, 2018