Last Day to Apply: January 25, 2019
GREATER SUDBURY UTILITIES
has an opening for the following position
Reporting to the Supervisor of Accounting/Corporate Reporting and or Supervisor of Accounting/Regulatory, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- ensuring that all general ledger transactions are accurately accounted for on a timely basis and conform to corporate policies and procedures
- exercise interpersonal skills in providing guidance to peer associates
- ensuring accurate reporting that meets imposed deadlines
- ensuring that system, policies and procedures are working as designed and enhanced when appropriate;
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a University degree in Commerce, or equivalent, with a recognized Accounting Designation (CPA).
- Have a minimum of five+ years’ experience, including audit experience.
- Be inquisitive-investigating beyond obvious answers, and actively looking for solutions and explanations for inconsistencies.
- Possess advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications, including data extraction and analysis.
- Have extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, internal control systems, advanced accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Ontario Energy Board Accounting Procedures Handbook would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume until Friday, January 25, 2019 no later than 4:30 p.m., in confidence to:
Greater Sudbury Utilities
P.O. Box 250
Sudbury, ON P3E 4P1
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process for the position to which you have applied and require a disability-related accommodation, please notify the Human Resources Department.
December 19, 2018