Purchasing and Warehouse Manager
Last Day to Apply: January 19, 2019
Purchasing and Warehouse Manager
ERTH Power Corporation is a licensed electricity distribution company servicing over 24,000 customers throughout South Western Ontario. ERTH is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Purchasing and Warehouse Manager for the ERTH Group of Companies.
This management position reports directly to the Vice President Corporate Services and is responsible for managing the purchasing and inventory operations, the cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse(s), building and property maintenance and budget assistance.
To be considered, candidates must possess as a minimum:
- University degree or College diploma in related programs.
- Completion of OBPA courses and or equivalent supply chain courses and extensive experience considered.
- Valid Class G driver’s license with an excellent driving record and a fork lift licence or ability to obtain.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in purchasing and inventory control in the electrical distribution industry in the area of construction and maintenance and or engineering with experience in a position of decision making authority.
- Experience using Great Plains, MS Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes, purchasing ethics, tendering process, supply chain management and inventory efficiency concepts as well as the Electrical Safety Authority Regulation 22/04 and all other applicable legislation.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Lead by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity and enthusiasm in achieving results directly and through staff work teams.
- Develop, recommend and implement purchasing, warehousing and inventory policies and procedures.
- Review ongoing costs and work processes, champion and adopt new technologies and techniques, where appropriate to increase efficiencies and minimized inventory and operating costs.
- Maintain inventory levels and purchasing patterns to effectively manage inventory and ensure ERTH projects have the required material to complete jobs on time and on budget.
- Complete physical inventory counts, year-end functions, variance review and provide reporting as required.
- Reconcile inventory to the trial balance on a monthly basis and provide coding review on all purchases.
- Responsible for obtaining, negotiating and maintaining building and property maintenance contracts.
- Ensure monthly building inspections, complete equipment testing and take corrective actions accordingly.
- Champion Great Plains purchasing and inventory modules.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally, electronically and in writing.
Applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a resume stating qualifications and work experience by Friday January 25, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ERTH Power offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive wage, retirement savings program and health care benefits.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, ERTH Power will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
December 19, 2018