Director, Water Operations
Last Day to Apply: January 19, 2019
DIRECTOR, WATER OPERATIONS
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Director, Water Operations the primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Reports to the Vice President, Operations & Engineering and provides leadership as part of the Operations Management team in achieving the corporate strategic plan;
- Provides strategic direction and oversees management staff in Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Environmental Operations:
- Ensures the production and delivery of safe drinking water and oversees the construction, operations and maintenance of the water production and distribution systems with particular attention to the quality, capacity, reliability and efficiency of the service provided;
- Ensures the operation and maintenance of water treatment, water distribution and wastewater facilities, processes and systems are compliant with legislation, codes, and regulatory matters inclusive of the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks. This includes adherence to the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard;
- Ensures that effective safety and environmental measures are in place;
- Develops and oversees implementation of annual budgets as well as long term asset management plans to ensure long term sustainability of service delivery;
- Develops and maintains emergency and contingency plans by taking into account risk assessments and mitigation strategies;
- Integrates new water treatment, water distribution and wastewater business activities into the organization ensuring targets for safety, cost control and quality of service are achieved;
- Establishes departmental performance targets consistent with corporate and divisional objectives;
- Develops and maintains appropriate benchmarks to measure and compare performance against industry standards; and
- Interacts with the public, Board of Directors, external agencies and authorities, municipal councils, suppliers, contractors and staff in a manner that results in positive outcomes.
- Possesses an Engineering Degree in a related discipline, with a Professional Engineering designation (P. Eng.);
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive and diversified experience in a senior management capacity in water and/or wastewater operations, preferably in a municipal or utility environment;
- Strong knowledge of related legislation, regulations, standards and practices;
- Experience managing teams in a unionized environment;
- Demonstrated business and financial management skills;
- Well-developed analytical, communication, organizational, technical and problem-solving skills;
- Extensive knowledge of office software systems;
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to accept accountability and make sound decisions;
- Highly self-motivated and directed; and
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL January 18, 2019 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2
Fax: (705) 759-6545
December 19, 2018