Last Day to Apply: February 01, 2019
ERTH Power is a licensed electricity distribution company servicing over 24,000 customers throughout South Western Ontario. Our office is located in Ingersoll, Ontario, offering a short commute to London or Kitchener / Waterloo and offering the benefits of a local, small town community with direct access to the 401 Highway.
ERTH Power is currently welcoming applicants to the position of Design Technician. As an energetic, team-oriented professional your duties will include designing overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities and electrical service connections for residential, commercial and industrial customers as well as preparing estimates, material lists and work order packages. In addition, you will be responsible for field layouts, updating and maintaining accurate maps and records and coordinating with operations staff, municipal partners and third party contractors.
Applicants, who have the following qualifications, will be considered:
- 2 or 3 year Electrical Engineering Technician or Technology diploma, with professional designation (C.Tech. or C.E.T.)
- Minimum of 2 years of industry related experience is preferred
- Proficient with typical office productivity software (i.e. MS Office) and design related software (i.e. AutoCAD, SPIDACalc)
- Experience with GIS software and database concepts are an asset
- Knowledge of industry related standards and regulations including Ontario Electrical Safety Code, CSA, ESA Reg. 22/04 etc. is a benefit
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills
Applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a resume stating qualifications and work experience by Friday February 1st, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
ERTH Power offers an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, retirement savings program and health care benefits.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, ERTH Power will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
January 9, 2019