Journeyperson Powerline Technician
Halton Hills, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: February 15, 2019
JOURNEYPERSON POWERLINE TECHNICIAN
Halton Hills Hydro is looking to fill an opening for the position of Journeyperson Powerline Technician. This position is a full-time position reporting to the Operations Supervisor and will join the team that is responsible for the day-to-day construction, operation and maintenance of the electrical distribution system, including overhead and underground of various voltages (up to and including 44kV) using various utility equipment and apparatus. The successful candidate may be required to perform weekly standby duty, emergency and planned overtime on a regular basis and, therefore, must reside within 30 km of the Acton Office.
This is a union position and compensation will be paid in accordance with the current Collective Agreement, 40 hours per week.
Applications will be considered from those candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground power lines;
- Dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment for the protection of fellow employees and the general public;
- Understand and practice EUSR Safety Rules, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, ESA requirements and all other applicable legislation and safe work practices;
- Current certificates in First Aid, CPR and WHMIS;
- Proven interpersonal skills and practical experience effectively dealing with challenging customers and situations using tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and consider alternatives, and make recommendations on alternative directions;
- Experience in the areas of safety, teambuilding, efficiency and productivity;
- Certification as a Journeyperson Powerline Technician;
- A valid Ontario’s Driver’s License in good standing with Class “DZ”;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Must be in excellent physical condition to perform the duties.
Please forward your detailed resume, in confidence, by 4:00 p.m. E.S.T., Friday February 15th, 2019 to:
Halton Hills Hydro Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
January 30, 2019