Last Day to Apply: February 26, 2019
Waterloo North Hydro Inc.
Waterloo North Hydro (WNH) is a progressive electric distribution utility servicing the City of Waterloo and the Townships of Wellesley and Woolwich. We deliver energy to over 672 square km across a large urban and rural service area to approximately 57,000 customers. Our mission is to create value for our customers and shareholders by providing safe and reliable electrical distribution services at competitive rates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, modifies, interprets, organizes and maintains spatial and non-spatial data, asset inventory, system connectivity, land base maps, imagery and third party infrastructure in ArcGIS to support business functions required by internal staff and stakeholders.
- Recommends, specifies, supports, maintains and updates GIS software and hardware environments.
- Researches, scopes and develops user applications to capitalize on GIS data and support business functions across the company.
- Processes collected data and maintains the data integrity to support business analytics and decision making within organization.
- Prepares, updates and follows GIS work procedures to ensure the integrity, quality and accuracy of the GIS information and data.
- Prepares training material, work instructions and provides training to assist GIS users.
- The candidate will be an Electrical or Civil Engineering Technology program graduate or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience in a hydro utility company or a municipality, with experience of system integration between GIS and CIS, OMS, AMI and other engineering or business software systems.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcSDE, ArcGIS On-line, ArcFM Solution and SQL Database and a good understanding of the concept of Asset Management.
- Proficient in using MS World, Excel, Access, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work from engineering prints (civil and electrical construction drawings), sketches, technical manuals, specifications and reports.
- Good understanding of electrical fundamentals, distribution system configuration, distribution system equipment and facilities would be an asset.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have project scoping and management skills, results oriented, desire to work in a fast paced environment, ability to work in an office and outside environment.
- Must hold a valid class "G" driver's license.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a completed resume, stating education, work experience and references, no later than February 26, 2019 by 4:30pm:
(Subject line: GIS Technician)
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
February 5, 2019