Halton Hills, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: February 25, 2019
Halton Hills Hydro Inc. is a progressive electric distribution utility servicing the Town of Halton Hills, and is a subsidiary of the Halton Hills Community Energy Corporation. We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated individual to fill the position of HR Manager. The successful candidate will play a vital role on the Leadership Team that will determine the future of this community-focused utility.
Reporting to the President & CEO, this position will be responsible for providing guidance and direction on all HR functions while developing and maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholder groups.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- CHRP or similar designation;
- 8-10 years progressive experience in Human Resources;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario employment law including the Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Pay Equity;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements as it relates to individual, organizational and operational requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee entitlements under the group benefit plan and OMERS pension plan;
- Able to manage and develop compensation systems, organizational planning and organizational development;
- Demonstrated knowledge in recruitment and employee relations;
- Must possess a high level of confidentiality; and be comfortable working with all levels of the organization;
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and styles;
- Intermediate project management skills;
- Advanced time management skills;
- Communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully;
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentation and training materials at various levels.
This position is responsible for managing the activities of the Human Resource Department including benefit administration, succession planning, policies and procedures, labour/employee relations, recruitment, attendance management, compensation, legislative requirements and various other duties.
Halton Hills Hydro Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their detailed resume, in confidence, by February 25th, 2019 to:
Halton Hills Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
January 6, 2019