Last Day to Apply: February 22, 2019
InnPower Corporation is the local distribution company serving more than 18,000 customers in the Town of Innisfil and south Barrie, located north of Toronto near the shores of Lake Simcoe. InnPower Corporation currently has a vacancy for a Payroll Administrator. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll, including reconciling and remitting payments to outside agencies and preparing various monthly department variance reports, in addition to other ad hoc reports, as required.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating the processing of the bi-weekly payroll for all employees of the corporation and its affiliates.
• Calculating and reconciling all relevant time balances to ensure compliance with collective agreements and Company policies.
• Reviewing all payroll payments or deductions to ensure that they comply with company, other government procedures and policies, collective agreements and any court documents received and initiate payroll related cheque requisitions as required.
• Analyzing and reconciling various payroll-related general ledger accounts, including adjusting journal entries on a monthly basis with the payroll deduction reports as required.
• Developing, updating and maintaining reports for multiple departments, effectively utilizing various databases and reporting software.
• Preparing monthly department variance reports and supporting analysis for management review and to support departmental goals.
• Assisting and providing Human Resources with payroll financial information used in the compilation of various pension forms, the maintenance of other benefit programs and Human Resources programs.
• Arranging for the distribution of approved accounts payable cheques through internal and external mail.
• Coordinating, preparing and verifying all year-end payroll processing, including preparation of all relevant tax forms and annual reconciliations, and adjusting journal entries, year-end schedules and remittances.
• Developing, updating and maintaining policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Minimum two (2) year college diploma in Business or Accounting or equivalent.
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification, or in final stages.
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience with payroll function.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains is considered an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, project/time management, analytical, communication, presentation, report writing, research, public relations and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and contacts; build cooperative, collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently, use judgement and take responsibility.
If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to email a cover letter and resume by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 22, 2019, to HumanResources@innpower.ca. Please reference “19-05 Payroll Administrator” in the subject line.
InnPower values an inclusive environment. Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however only those who will be requested to attend an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
February 8, 2019