VP Information Technology Services
Last Day to Apply: April 05, 2019
Waterloo North Hydro Inc.
VP Information Technology Services
Waterloo North Hydro Inc. (WNH) is a progressive electric distribution utility servicing the City of Waterloo and the Townships of Wellesley and Woolwich. Our team of dedicated employees deliver trusted energy advice to over 57,000 customers across a large urban and rural service area. At WNH we use industry best practices and a team-based model to advance the interests of our customers, our employees, and our organization.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position is responsible for the effective long term and short term strategic direction and supervision of all aspects of Waterloo North Hydro Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent develops the ITS capital and operating budget and provides leadership to ensure the effective and appropriate policies, procedures and relationships necessary to ensure initiatives are carried out consistent with corporate objectives.
- This position provides short-term and long-term strategic direction for the Corporation’s Operations needs through engagement with the Executive Team and ensuring alignment with the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Counsels and confers with the President and CEO and Executive Team members to make recommendations to the Executive Team to provide business solutions in support of corporate objectives.
- Prepare and manage the capital and operating budget for the department consistent with corporate objectives. This includes all capital hardware and software acquisitions, annual operating expenses and cost effective strategic management of ITS labour requirements.
- Develop policies and procedures and ensure that all hardware and software licences and contract renewals are reviewed and approved as required.
- Foster, build and maintain excellent working relationships with all corporate departments, vendors and external partners.
- Responsible for the timely and effective delivery of IT support for all corporate systems (excluding SCADA) through effective IT resource management and effective Program Management of all vendors and external IT partners.
- Ensure all business continuity processes are in place for reliable daily, weekly, monthly and annual backup recovery procedures.
- Lead Corporate Cyber Security Governance. Proactively implement security measures to protect corporate data, ensure customer privacy of information and secure the corporate computing environment.
- Initiate, facilitate and participate in core business process improvements across the corporation ensuring streamlined processes, reduction of costs and continual improvement of corporate productivity.
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior management capacity leading an ITS team
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of the Corporation’s information systems and requirements
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting, customer service, strategic planning and cost controls
- Advanced analytical, project planning and project management skills to ensure effective, timely and on-budget outcomes
To explore this opportunity further, please email your resume (filename - “Last name, First name - CV”), with “VP Information Technology Services” in the subject line, in confidence to Larry Sartor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
March 5, 2019