Construction Project Manager (2 Year Term)
Last Day to Apply: April 05, 2019
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-016 Construction Project Manager (2 Year Term)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Director, Health, Safety, Environment and Facilities, this term position is accountable for the design and construction of a new corporate building and managing the renovations of corporate facilities as required. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing cost effective project plans and schedules for various outsourced turnkey projects.
The position tracks and controls pre-award vendor inquires, project schedules, invoice payments, budgets, and provides cost rationalization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops cost effective plans and schedules for construction and renovation of Capital Projects.
- Manages material resources for construction and all related components, including managing logistical constraints of sealift.
- Oversees performance of all contractors, secures supplies and materials as required through the procurement process.
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates construction methods and determines cost-effectiveness of plans, and develops and implement quality-control programs.
- Reviews all applicable federal and territorial acts/regulations, laws and codes to ensures the Corporation is in compliance with the applicable legislation.
- Coordinates site inspections based on corporate requirements and in conjunction with the capital plan.
- Partners with Environmental Specialist on environmental work such as waste removal, site assessments, site delineations, site cleanups and risk assessments for environmental-related services.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field of study.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with immediate eligibility for registration in NAPEG.
- Ten (10) years of experience in project management leading various construction projects.
- Project management experience in the areas of planning and scheduling, resources management, estimating and progress reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory compliance, building construction, materials and methods, and codes.
- Strong demonstrated administration and supervisory skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Construction management experience in northern and/or remote environments
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $111,696 to $133,419, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply email or by mail to:
Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, Nunavut X0C 0A0
This posting will remain open until filled. Apply in writing, to: email@example.com
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
March 5, 2019