Last Day to Apply: March 22, 2019
Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro Inc.
Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro Inc. is a local distribution company that is responsible for distributing electricity to 96,000 homes and businesses within the City of Kitchener and Township of Wilmot.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive requests for new service connections, upgrades, changeovers and disconnects and schedule appointments between K-W Hydro Inc. crews and customers.
- Co-ordinate and log all requirements for new service connections, upgrades, changeovers and disconnects (Contracts, Deposits, ESA Approvals, etc.)
- Prepare service design layouts necessary for the co-ordination and connection of residential, commercial and industrial customers by applying engineering design practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain databases and records related to new service connections, upgrades, changeovers and disconnects.
- Assist in preparing design drawings, instructions and project folders for electrical distribution systems by applying engineering design practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing labour and material construction estimates including detailed bills of material and estimated capital expenditures required to complete projects.
- Assist in maintaining record drawings, maps, project certification records and other records as required.
- Must possess a two-year Engineering Technician diploma from a recognized Community College, preferably in the discipline of Electrical Engineering. Minimum two years of related utility engineering experience is preferred.
- Must be eligible for O.A.C.E.T.T. registration.
- Have good verbal and written communications skills and have the ability to deal with internal and external clients in a courteous and businesslike manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, familiar with Geographical Information Systems (G.I.S.) and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software.
- Class 'G' driver's license in good standing.
- An excellent health, safety, and attendance record.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply, in confidence, by submitting a cover letter and resume by email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019.
How to Apply
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process for the position to which you have applied and require a disability-related accommodation, please notify the Human Resources Department.
March 14, 2019