Manager, Information Technology & Communications
Last Day to Apply: April 26, 2019
MANAGER, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & COMMUNICATIONS
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, and the operation wastewater treatment facilities. We are seeking a qualified individual to become a member of the management team in the Information Technology & Communications Department.
The Manager, IT & Communications will be responsible to lead the information security program to ensure that information assets and the associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, end-users, governance and processes are protected. This new leader will drive the cyber security program, execution of security standards, and security monitoring.
As the Manager, Information Technology & Communications your primary responsibilities in the position are as follows:
- Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems that support utility operations;
- Identify and communicate current and emerging threats and implement security elements to proactively mitigate;
- Lead the development, maintenance and support of the utilities converged infrastructure, data center, collaborative platforms, business intelligence, advanced meter infrastructure, municipal fibre networks, network-to-network interconnects with 3rd parties, and mixed communication platforms found in utility operations;
- Effectively manage a team of IT professionals including establishing meanful objectives and providing mentorship, support and development for each team member;
- Responsible for managing multi-functional technical teams, third party providers and vendors to ensure services are optimized;
- Ensure the day to day support and delivery of services, which includes, but is not limited to software and reporting platforms, call centre, and operational SCADA technologies for command and control of Water and Electric critical utility services;
- Establish and deliver IT objectives in partnership with stakeholders at all levels and across different lines of business both internal and external to the organization;
- Strong business acumen and communication with the executive team and other business partners to support the attainment of department objectives;
- Align IT standards, frameworks and programs with the overall business and technology strategy;
- Participate in key risk management discussions and assist with any potential claims issues from cyber security breaches;
- Successfully manage IT resources, projects and budget, with acute negotiating skills to ensure time is allocated appropriately with project teams; and
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience within the IT function and five (5) years in a leadership capacity overseeing IT professionals;
- Experience in change management within the IT field;
- Broad knowledge of technology trends, use of LEAN, ITIL, NIST and/or other related frameworks and supporting methodologies;
- Knowledge of database design, communication networks, application platforms and systems, business intelligence, helpdesk services, cloud solutions, and telecommunications;
- Knowledge of best practices for the delivery of utility operations and/or services, and the ability to implement improvements as appropriate;
- Ability to analyze current infrastructure for short-comings and develop solutions and applications to address the needs both proactively and reactively; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of individuals, groups, and solution providers.
PUC Services Inc. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL APRIL 26, 2019 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON. P6A 6P2
Fax: (705) 759-6545
April 12, 2019