Last Day to Apply: April 29, 2019
Waterloo North Hydro Inc.
Waterloo North Hydro Inc. (WNH) is a progressive electric distribution utility servicing the City of Waterloo and the Townships of Wellesley and Woolwich. At WNH, we aspire to become a world-class corporation using a team-based model to advance the interests of our customers, our employees, and our organization.
This position is responsible for providing electrical system design services from conceptual design through to commissioning. This position is accountable for selecting materials, determining specific technical details of design, and stamping drawings and documents. Major duties will include:
- Design overhead and underground distribution engineering projects, complete cost estimates, perform engineering calculations, and develop detailed design drawings (AutoCAD).
- Prepare assessment studies for upgrade or replacement projects as well as distribution system analysis.
- Prepare tender specifications, tender documents, drawings and cost estimates.
- Plan design and construction work schedules and coordinate with internal and external parties.
- Perform on-site inspections during the project’s construction and commissioning phase, and report status, outstanding issues, recommend solutions.
- Provide training and technical expertise to engineering staff.
- Assist with preparation of budgets, long term plans, engineering standards and guidelines.
Who You Are:
- You bring a friendly, can-do attitude to your workplace. You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you get things done right within short timeframes.
- You are organized, thorough and not afraid to get your hands dirty – you jump in to help with a wide variety of tasks. You have a strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share your knowledge with others.
- You are a quick learner who learns from mistakes and welcomes feedback from your supervisors and peers.
- You have a strong eye for detail and hold your work to a high self-standard. You listen well and seek to understand before reacting. You have a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and find solutions.
- You are concise and articulate in your speech and writing.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with PEO (or an EIT with minimum 2 years of qualified engineering experience). Alternatively, registration as a Limited Engineering License holder with PEO will be considered.
- Knowledge of three-phase power system design and analysis.
- Strong computer skills (intermediate to advanced AutoCAD and MS Office skills).
- Utility experience in electrical power distribution design and/or analysis an asset.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a completed resume and cover letter by 4:30pm Monday April 29, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Distribution Engineer” in the subject line; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
April 17, 2019