Manager, Gas Supply
Posted On: July 02, 2019
Last Day to Apply: July 29, 2019
Manager, Gas Supply
EPCOR Ontario Utilities provides safe & reliable service to natural gas customers in Aylmer and electricity distribution service to the communities of Collingwood, Stayner, Creemore and Thornbury.
EPCOR is also constructing a greenfield natural gas utility service to serve the communities of South Bruce.
The Manager, Gas Supply is responsible for obtaining the necessary supplies of gas to meet company needs along with negotiating contracts with approved sources and sees contracts through to completion, ensuring all stipulations are met. As the Manager, Gas Supply you are responsible for proper transportation and storage of gas supplies. You are also encouraged to maintain business relationships with suppliers. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of energy procurement strategies for Greenfield and existing OEB regulated gas utility.
EPCOR has one (1) permanent full time positions available in Toronto, Ontario!
Reporting to the General Manager, Natural Gas, the Manager, Gas Supply is accountable for:
- Providing input to the Ontario region plans and directions as well as ensuring an appropriate understanding of the EPCOR Utilities and Ontario region strategy.
- Lead Gas supply strategy and execute gas supply plans.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders; including: complimentary departments such as Finance, Legal & Regulatory, as well as industry contacts.
- Support Renewable Natural Gas Strategy
- Ensure compliance to all governing risk policies, participation in internal audits, and related activities.
- Negotiate annual contracts with upstream natural gas providers.
- Recommend procurement strategies, plans, and the procurement of gas supply, pipeline capacity, and storage capacity.
- This includes market, weather, and demand analysis.
- Negotiate, procure, and administer gas supply and storage capacity agreements.
- Prime interface with Industrial customers
- Work closely with General Manager to ensure business is informed of rate impacts
- Participate in utility rate cases, including preparation of testimony and testifying at Ontario Energy Board. .
- Lead the annual LDC gas supply plan, and prepare data request responses for the annual OEB gas supply submission, and related dockets.
- Lead utility rates & Carbon strategies
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelors 4 Year Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or a related field
- A Masters Degree (MBA) is highly desirable.
- 10 years of Gas Procurement Experience, Renewable Energy & Power is an asset
- Experience in natural gas supply planning, gas control operations and utility analytics is required.
- Expert knowledge of supply-side energy procurement practices.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of applications and thorough working knowledge of database concepts and common applications.
- Strong project management, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
As our best candidate, you have a strong business sense and you possess excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with regulatory staffs, gas pipeline & supplier representatives and internal office staff. You are a strong communicator and leader, you effectively engage team members in working towards a shared vision, and prioritize effectively. You are able to anticipate the resource needs of the group and develop tools to improve delivery. You are ensuring supportive and collaborative relationships between EPCOR Utilities Inc. and the Ontario region and business development groups within EPCOR Utilities Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours of work: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Commencing with your first day of employment as a permanent EPCOR employee you will enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Benefits plan
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- EPCOR Savings Plan with company matched contributions
- Pension Plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
How to Apply:
For more information on this exciting career opportunity, please refer to IRC47960 on the EPCOR career website www.epcor.ca/careers. Application deadline is July 14, 2019