Director, Digital and Technology Solutions
Posted On: July 03, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 02, 2019
Director, Digital and Technology Solutions
Oakville Enterprises (OEC) operates a family of energy and infrastructure companies specializing in providing integrated services that include utility engineering, asset management, utility locates, fibre network design, GIS mobile and aerial mapping, GIS management, commercial energy generation/storage, electricity distribution and more. Visit our website at www.oecorp.ca for additional information.
Our businesses serve municipalities, telecommunications, electrical distribution, and energy infrastructure businesses throughout Canada and beyond.
People are at the centre of our brand. Every day we deliver on our brand promise to Cherish Customers, Deliver Flawlessly, and Stay a Step Ahead. Our people look beyond the conventional and reach for the extraordinary to win outside the box.
Successful OEC employees:
- Customer-centric – you understand and embrace the role of delivering exemplary service
- Leadership – you lead by example through your actions and attitudes
- Innovation - you look for opportunities to improve, do things differently, and add value for our customers and business
- Commitment to Excellence - in all that you do
We promote a culture that is diverse, inclusive, innovative, and performance driven in an environment that is fun and exciting. Individuals who choose to be a part of our organization are offered:
- Potential to lead innovative projects and initiatives
- Career path exploration and development opportunities
- Opportunities to get involved with teams and charitable events that support the community
- Comprehensive total reward package
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic individual that can lead change and provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients. The ideal candidate thrives in a busy, ever changing environment and will strive for continuous improvement. Director, Digital and Technology Solutions will advance Oakville Enterprises to the next level of information technology (IT) solutions, services and systems, enabling businesses to grow within the evolving energy and infrastructure landscape. Work assignments are complex in nature, requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness, accuracy, judgment, tact and discretion.
- Design, communicate and implement an IT strategy aligned to the corporate strategy
- Identify efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities related to IT governance and processes
- Build the Business Continuity Plan to ensure effective protection and integrity of organizational data and assets
- Plan and manage business risk, as it relates to quality, availability, reliability, scalability and cost
- Design and implement measurement systems and KPIs for application software and infrastructure performance in addition to overall IT performance
- Maintain and enhance current knowledge of all relevant technology developments
- Establish, implement, monitor and report on policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure compliance with applicable practices and benchmarks
- Prepare RFP's, RFQ's and Business Cases; participate in the evaluation and selection of technical solutions across the enterprise
- Manage a diverse team by coaching, mentoring and providing development opportunities that build skills, capacity and capability
The incumbent personifies OEC’s brand behaviours of Lead, Innovate and Commit to Excellence. They will provide coaching, guidance and advice to business leaders, direct reports, peers and service contractors to enable a consistent and collaborative approach to the delivery of systems and software implementations.
The leadership style will be characterized by:
- A forward thinking, strategic leader who is able to develop and implement a technology strategy to propel OEC technically and help to future-proof the OEC businesses
- A coach and developer of an effective team capable of delivering exceptional results
- A compelling communicator that motivates and empowers
- A collaborator and builder of strong, credible relationships with teams, peers and executives
- A creator of a culture of continuous improvement and effective governance processes
- Agility, responsiveness and a sense of urgency
Qualifications and work experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or related work experience
- Strategic thinker who can turn strategy into action
- Advanced analytical, project planning and project management skills to ensure effective, timely and on-budget outcomes
- Progressive relevant experience in a senior level position managing a team of multi-discipline IT professionals
- Experience managing external vendors and vendor relationships
- A history of exceeding customer expectations
- Successful adapter to change
Other Success Factors:
- Proven superior leadership abilities. Must excel at leading integrated process teams, as well as coordinating and communicating customer requirements and work activities.
- Strong planning, analytical and troubleshooting skills with a clear focus on the delivery of excellent customer service
- Ability to network with industry professionals and experts, acting as a brand ambassador for OEC
- Communicates in a compelling manner that motivates and empowers others.
- Collaborates and builds strong relationships throughout the organizations.
- Embraces a culture of continuous improvement and effective streamlined processes.
- Agile and responsive while displaying a sense of urgency.
- Exudes a passion for working on and explaining technical concepts in a simplified easy to understand manner to internal customers
- Effective presentation skills
Please send your resume with the position title in the subject line, to HR@oecorp.ca
Oakville Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Oakville Enterprises will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.