Manager, Maintenance (re-advertisement)
Posted On: July 08, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 08, 2019
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-037 Manager, Maintenance (re-advertisement)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Director, Operations, this position is accountable for the planning and management of preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance activities for the Corporations diesel generation facilities. The position will lead all mechanical and electrical systems (Gensets) maintenance activities and ensures all work performed by the section meets all applicable standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation of the maintenance program for all mechanical and electrical systems, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance for 25 power plants across Nunavut.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns and supervises in coordination with maintenance supervisors professional trade staff and front line employees engaged in maintenance activities.
- Develops, maintains, tracks and reports on the annual Maintenance section of the budget.
- Maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Ensures all projects and initiatives are compliant with various corporate, territorial and federal standards, including the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), National Building Code (NBC), and National Fire Code (NFC).
Required Qualifications Include:
- Inter-provincial Red Seal trade certification as an Industrial Electrician, Power Systems Electrician, Heavy Equipment Technician or relevant utilities trade’s discipline.
- Seven (7) years of post certification relevant trades experience in a utilities setting with a minimum of four (4) years experience in a supervisory role.
- Extensive experience in the production of electricity.
- Comprehensive understanding of diesel generating facilities and maintenance procedures.
- Experience in preparing capital and operating budgets.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- A Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Project management experience in the areas of planning and scheduling, resources management, estimating and progress reporting.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $119,142 to $142,313, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
July 8, 2019