Human Resources Coordinator / Admin Assistant
Posted On: July 08, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 02, 2019
Cornwall is a beautiful, safe and friendly growing community and is located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario, and has everything you need to enjoy an exceptional quality of life. Cornwall has a small town feel, businesses and waterfront minutes away from your front door along with new opportunities awaiting around every corner. Situated along Highway 401, located near Kingston and the picturesque 1000 Islands - plus only an hour drive to Ottawa or Montreal. Cornwall is an affordable place to live and a wonderful area to raise a family. Cornwall Electric is currently recruiting for a:
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR/ADMIN ASSISTANT
The key responsibility of the Human Resources Coordinator/Admin Assistant (HRCAA) will be to provide day-to-day support to the Regional Manager and Supervisors. The HRCAA will also be required to effectively communicate with all levels of management throughout the organization and work collaboratively with the corporate Senior Human Resources Advisor. The HRCAA will be the main contact for Cornwall Electric and actively participate/assist in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, payroll entry, training, documents preparation, benefits/pension and any other related Human Resources functions. The candidate must possess the confidence to work independently and the ability to take initiative on tasks.
This position will also be responsible for a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties including generating and monitoring internal/external correspondence, scheduling and organizing meetings, preparing expense reports, recording minutes, calendar/records management, preparation of board meetings and other administrative duties as assigned.
Cornwall Electric is actively recruiting for a career-minded team player who can manage multiple priorities, maintain a professional acumen, appreciates the need for integrity and a high-level of confidentiality. The candidate must be a self-starting, problem solving and service oriented individual with a strong attention to detail. Cornwall Electric is offering this full-time position with an attractive compensation/benefits package, competitive pension plan, professional development, an excellent working environment, and more. If you happen to be seeking a rewarding career and exciting career - we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources and/or Business Administration.
- 5-7 years’ experience in an administrative position is required and hold a CHRP designation.
- Outstanding interviewing and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships within the organization to help resolve issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation along with benefits and pension administration.
- Excellent report writing/presentation skills, ability to follow-through on tasks and prioritize workflow.
- Advanced computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (strong focus on Excel).
- Experience within a unionized environment and/or utility industry are considered assets
Please submit your application to HR@FortisOntario.com by August 2, 2019. Indicate “HRCAA” on subject line.
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request an accommodation(s) during the recruitment cycle
July 8, 2019