Director, Hydro Distribution
Last Day to Apply: August 14, 2019
Job Posting EWU-19-01-041
Director, Hydro Distribution
Reporting to the Vice President, Hydro Operations, the Director, Hydro Distribution is the senior management representative directly responsible for the construction, maintenance and operation of the ENWIN electrical distribution grid. This is achieved through the creation, administration, modification and oversight of processes and activities related to preventative and reactive maintenance efforts and capital construction projects. The successful candidate is responsible for the Managerial and Supervisory resources for the Control Room, System Automation and Maintenance, Hydro Distribution as well as contract resources employed by ENWIN Utilities utilized by these departments. The Director, Hydro Distribution is required to administer the budgets of each of the departments, analyze, evaluate and amend maintenance and construction processes and provide information and feedback to all stakeholders related to all maintenance and capital construction initiatives including the CEO, Vice Presidents, Board members, City Councillors and others. The Director, Hydro Distribution leads system restoration efforts after a storm or other contingency affecting the distribution system including liaison with the Executive team, City Emergency Operations Centre, ENWIN Corporate Communications and media.
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- University degree in Engineering, Business or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a comparable level with minimum ten (10) years’ progressively responsible experience in a hydro utility.
- Experience in electrical system design or field experience constructing and maintaining electrical systems including knowledge of tools and vehicles would be an asset.
- Experience working with contractors would be an asset.
- Significant experience working in a unionized environment.
- Working knowledge of construction and safe work practices including all applicable legislation (OHSA, IHSA, COR and all relevant rules & regulations).
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting and financial review.
- Good working knowledge of Electrical Distribution Systems, SCADA Systems, Protection and Control Systems, Transformers and Transformer station operations.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, ERP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing business/technical reports. Good presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, manage, mentor and motivate staff.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Strong customer service orientation, both internal and external.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in consultation with others.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to the Human Resources department of ENWIN Utilities Ltd., or firstname.lastname@example.org up to and including Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Please quote File #EWU-19-01-041 on application.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. provides accommodation in accordance with applicable laws through all stages of the hiring process. If you require accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please advise the Human Resources Department.
ENWIN believes there is significant value in the diversity within our workforce and we are committed to continually enhancing and improving diversity and inclusion throughout our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment opportunities and believe that strength flows from our individual differences and enables us to effectively serve our community.
August 6, 2019