REGIONAL MANAGER, Niagara Region
Fort Erie, Ontario
Posted On: August 07, 2019
Last Day to Apply: September 01, 2019
FortisOntario Inc. (“FortisOntario”) headquartered in Fort Erie, is an electric utility which owns and operates Canadian Niagara Power Inc., Cornwall Street Railway Light & Power Company Ltd. and Algoma Power Inc., serving a combined 64,000 customers located in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Cornwall, Gananoque and the Algoma District of northern Ontario. The Company owns regulated transmission assets in the Niagara and Cornwall regions and has a ten (10) per cent strategic interest in Westario Power, Rideau St. Lawrence, and Grimsby Power. FortisOntario is currently going through an exciting period of pursuing new opportunities for growing its distribution business and the development and construction of the new Wataynikaneyap Power transmission project.
REGIONAL MANAGER, Niagara Region
FortisOntario is currently recruiting for a Regional Manager to join our dynamic team in Fort Erie, Ontario. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations and will work in partnership with the current Regional Manager until his retirement to ensure a smooth transition. This senior leadership role requires the highest standard of integrity, the ability to collaborate/influence and has a strategic mindset to help strengthen/build relations across the organization, all while ensuring continued focus on operational excellence and efficiency. There may be further opportunities for progression within FortisOntario for this candidate.
This position will be responsible for overseeing all distribution, transmission, and customer service operations in Niagara Region including, Line, Engineering, Substation, System Control Center, Customer Service, Metering, and Fleet & Facilities/Managerial Management. The incumbent will be accountable for Heath, Safety & Environment, financial performance, system reliability, community engagement, and customer service performance of Niagara Region operations. The Regional Manager will also be responsible for the preparation and execution of regional capital and operating budgets (approximately $10.0 million annual capital budget & $6.0 million annual Operating, Maintenance & Administrative budget). This position will provide support for regulatory filings and the development of Distribution System Plan for the region.
The Regional Manager will provide leadership and oversight to ensure a positive and pro-active employee and labour relations, while fostering employee development and ensuring compliance with all company policies and the current collective labour agreement. This position will continue to promote collaboration, facilitation and consensus building to engage external/internal stakeholders, at all levels, to identify, develop and execute growth opportunities, ensure effective implementation of solutions and track results. Building and maintaining effective relationships with all local communities and their leaders, Indigenous communities, customers, business leaders, media, IESO, and the Ontario Energy Board is an essential part of this role. This position will also provide support for the Wataynikaneyap Power project.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- A degree in Engineering (Preferably Electrical) with a Professional Engineering license (P.Eng.) in good standing in Ontario with proven business acumens. This will be in combination of ten (10) years’ of operational experience in a regulated utility environment.
- Demonstrated senior leadership skills in combination with superior communication and negotiating skills with a minimum of ten (10) years’ of progressive senior leadership experience.
- The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of Ontario regulatory environment and excellent understanding of the Ontario Energy Board’s Distribution System Code and Transmission System Code.
- A strong leader in Health, Safety & Environment as well as an understanding of Utility Work Protection Code.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to build/maintain strong relationships, coach, inspire and engage a high-performing team.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make difficult decisions, often with competing priorities.
Please submit your application in PDF to HR@FortisOntario.com by September 1, 2019.
Indicate “RM-NIAGARA” on the subject line. www.fortisontario.com.
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will provide accommodation(s) when requested
August 7, 2019