Manager, Safety & Operations Support
Last Day to Apply: August 27, 2019
MANAGER, SAFETY & OPERATIONS SUPPORT
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the supply of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC Services is seeking a dynamic professional with diverse experience to lead our corporate health, safety and environment program, facilities and fleet operations, and insurance portfolios. The responsibilities of the Manager, Safety & Operations Support include:
Health & Safety
- Lead, manage and develop PUC’s health, safety and environmental (HS&E) program in alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and risk appetite;
- Prepare and build corporate initiative plans specific to HS&E;
- Develop and implement corporate policies and procedures related to HS&E;
- Ensure appropriate hazard and risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses, security breaches and environmental issues;
- Oversee the development and application of the accident / incident investigation process to ensure it effectively identifies root cause and appropriate action and prevention plans are established;
- Coordinate with external agencies and authorities regarding health and safety investigations and compliance;
- Remain up to date on current industry standards and best practices to ensure corporate compliance with all applicable legislation;
- Oversee HS&E program audits;
- Ensure training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-first culture and to ensure safety and environmental standards and awareness are well understood throughout the organization;
- Lead and mentor the health and safety team in their growth, development and attainment of the department objectives.
- Responsible to oversee the maintenance and management of PUC facilities and fleet (F&F) operations;
- Develop and implement systems, policies, procedures, strategic and operational plans and direction with respect to continuous improvement initiatives regarding F&F safety, maintenance, operations and compliance;
- Manage F&F annual budgets to effectively determine resources and optimize expenditures;
- Develop and maintain F&F Asset Management Plans in conjunction with corporate initiatives and departmental needs;
- Manage the maintenance and availability of facility equipment, machinery, buildings, services and other resources;
- Lead the operation and maintenance of the company’s fleet, rolling stock and other equipment according to manufacturer, corporate and legislative requirements;
- Lead and mentor the F&F teams in their growth and development and attainment of the department objectives.
Insurance & Risk Management
- Implement appropriate insurance policy coverage for the organization and affiliates to ensure adequate liability and comprehensive insurance;
- Maintain records of insurance policies and claims;
- Build risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, science, business or a related field;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a combination of health and safety and operations support roles with minimum 3 years in safety leadership role in a utility or industrial environment;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management or supervisory role;
- Professional designation or certification as a safety professional is an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment process is a requirement;
- Working knowledge of water and electrical utility industry operations risks and hazards inclusive of all related codes and regulations is an asset;
- Experience in asset management systems for corporate facility and fleet assets would be an asset;
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs;
- Must be highly self-motivated with demonstrated project management experience and the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Strong interpretive and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to conduct operations and construction field site visits required.
We are an equal opportunity employer
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 4:00PM ON AUGUST 27, 2019 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2
August 14, 2019