Electric Utility Design / GIS Coordinator
Last Day to Apply: September 08, 2019
Lakefront Utility Services Inc. (LUSI) is located in the Town of Cobourg and is an affiliate of the Town of Cobourg Holdings Inc. LUSI serves over 10,000 customers and is committed to providing the Town of Cobourg and Village of Colborne with reliable and safe electricity and drinking water. For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.lakefrontutilities.on.ca/
Electric Utility Design/ GIS Coordinator
Lakefront Utility Services Inc. (LUSI) is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual for the position of Electric Utility Design/ GIS Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Asset Management, this position will be responsible for completing electrical designs in compliance with all applicable standards and regulations, including customer projects and relocations of distribution system infrastructure, as well as the continual updating and maintenance of the Geographical Information System (GIS), SCADA and Outage Management System (OMS). The successful candidate is self-motivated, working with Senior Management on tight deadlines and in accordance with the OEB, IESO, ESA, Measurement Canada and the policies and procedures set out by LUSI.
- Gather, compile, migrate, convert GIS data sets for project needs from variety of internal / external sources;
- Research, update and maintain GIS datasets and evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate;
- Utilize GIS data to design and prepare construction drawings for distribution systems (OH and UG);
- Participate with distribution Asset management and Engineering team in organizing and coordinating the development and delivery of system planning and distribution design packages for subdivisions, ICI projects, residential layouts, system extension, etc.;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of service and equipment procurement that align with corporate business goals and objectives;
- Perform site visits to determine the nature of work required (poles, conductors, anchors, equipment condition assessment);
- Produce job estimates, bills of material and enter material requisition requests including joint use activity;
- Prepare/revise plans for rights-of-way, plant, electrical drawings for customers;
- Circulate proposed plans for review and comment by utility and city stakeholders;
- Prepare offers-to-connect, work orders, municipal approval packages, material lists, tenders & RFP’s, etc.;
- Administer and facilitate the connection of distributed energy resources to the electric distribution system including interfacing on all aspects from connection requirements to commissioning;
- Work with Operations Manager to respond / direct restoration efforts during power outages utilizing SCADA;
- Prepare for the ESA 22/04 annual audit;
- Demonstrate ability to interpret results and recommendations from engineering reports including but not limited to distribution asset condition assessment, system reliability, environment assessments and power system analytical studies;
- Manage Fibre Optic System and administer fibre customers contracts, including customer service and marketing;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Technologist Diploma with C.E.T. designation and a registered member of OACETT;
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering/ Engineer-in-Training ( EIT) registered with PEO or eligible to register with PEO is an asset;
- Proficiency of ESRI GIS software ArcMap 10.
- A minimum of three years of electrical technical experience in an electric distribution utility environment;
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of an electric utility distribution system, specifically with respect to the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution systems and generator connections;
- Working knowledge of technical specifications and standards including CSA, CEA, ESA and IHSA regulations;
- Familiar with Easement applications and interpreting construction drawings;
- Demonstrated knowledge of GIS, SCADA, OMS, AMI Software Systems, AutoCAD drafting and MS Office applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a technical team of staff members, facilitating growth, development and commitment;
- Fluency in Project Coordination disciplines to manage project scope and schedules;
This is a non-union position and salary is commensurable with qualifications and experience. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive compensation and benefit package, pension plan and opportunities for development. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on September 8th, 2019 to the attention of Human Resources, 207 Division Street, PO Box 577, Cobourg, ON, K9A 4L3 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all candidates in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
August 16, 2019