North Bay, Ontario
Posted On: September 09, 2019
Last Day to Apply: September 19, 2019
NORTH BAY HYDRO DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited strives to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and reliable electrical service within the community of North Bay. We value employees and are looking for the right person to come and join our exciting and dedicated team.
Under the direction of the Distribution Engineer, the Substation Electrician is responsible for acting as the controlling operator on approved switching jobs as well as for performing necessary substation maintenance.
- Substation maintenance including repair work and grounds maintenance
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the SCADA system and associated equipment
- Manage controlling operations
- Testing, evaluating and repairing distribution transformers
- Substation inspections, transformer oil sampling and data gathering
- Generation of substation report
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Grade 12 Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- Community College Diploma in Electrical/Electronics
- Journeyman Substation Electrician Certificate
- A Construction and Maintenance Electrician Certificate (309A) will be considered an asset
- Must obtain a Class “D” drivers licence
- Must obtain a “Z” Airbrake Endorsement
- Previous experience in maintaining substation equipment system operation and the maintenance of system components
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Must be capable of performing physical tasks in an outdoor environment 12 months of the year.
Interested applicants should submit their resume detailing related education, qualifications and experience to:
North Bay Hydro Distribution Ltd.
P.O. Box 3240
North Bay, ON P1B 8Y5
Attention: Marie Coulombe, Manager Human Resources and Administration
Applications will be considered until 4:30 p.m. September 19, 2019
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be solely used to determine eligibility for employment in this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
September 9, 2019