Journeyman Powerline Technician or Apprentice
Fort Erie, Ontario
Posted On: September 18, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 14, 2019
Canadian Niagara Power Inc. (“CNPI”) is an electric distribution company serving approximately 29,000 customers in Fort Erie and Port Colborne. For further information visit www.cnpower.com. CNPI is currently recruiting the following positions working out of our Fort Erie service center:
JOURNEYMAN POWERLINE TECHNICIAN OR APPRENTICE
(2 positions available)
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Lines Services, the Journeyman Powerline Technician or apprentice, will be responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, and construction of overhead and underground distribution lines. This position is part of the crew who construct, repair, maintain and perform live line work on overhead/underground electrical distribution lines at voltages of up to 34,500 V.
When deemed to meet the requirements, the incumbent will be required to perform regular on-call duties as assigned and is required to remain within thirty (30) minutes driving time to the service center when scheduled for this duty. Candidates will be required to comply and be familiar with all industry standards and work practices, operating rules and regulations, as well as all pertinent OHSA regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Certified as a Journeyman Powerline Technician through the industry recognized training program or a registered apprentice in the trade. Must be licensed to work in Ontario;
- Must possess a valid Ontario “Restricted” AZ driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within six (6) months to operate the vehicles handled in this position. Must maintain a clean driving record;
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties in all weather conditions;
- Working general knowledge of line materials, trade related practices/standards and operating rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is an asset;
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, customers and industry partners.
Interested candidates must apply in writing to express their interest in the position, with a cover letter and resume, outlining their education, experience and related qualifications to FortisOntario up to October 14, 2019 by e-mail to HR@FortisOntario.com. Please indicate “CNP PLT” in the subject line.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however, we will only respond to those selected for an interview. FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the recruitment cycle. FortisOntario is an inclusive employer and committed to Accessibility.
September 18, 2019