Journeyperson Powerline Technician
Posted On: September 24, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 18, 2019
JOURNEYPERSON POWERLINE TECHNICIAN
Reporting to a Line Supervisor, who in turn reports to the Director of Operations, you will become part of a crew and be responsible to perform in a safe and efficient manner, all duties related to overhead and underground distribution circuits up to and including 27.6 kV.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Successful completion of Secondary School Diploma – OSSD or recognized equivalent
- The MEARIE Group (EDA/MEA) Journeyperson Power Line Technician Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- The Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities Power Line Technician Certificate (or equivalent)
- Full certification in the Ontario Utility Work Protection Code (or willing and able to acquire within six months and maintain)
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ Licence, Class ‘AZ’ (or willing and able to obtain within 6 months); with an excellent driving record and a clean abstract
- Working knowledge of the Electrical Utility Safety Rules and industry safe work practices
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and pertinent Regulations
- Demonstrated work experience in the safe performance of all aspects of electrical overhead and underground distribution system work, up to and including 27.6kV
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of all equipment and vehicles related to electrical utility work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills; a good work ethic with a positive approach to work and coworkers; energetic and motivated with an excellent attendance record
- Perform regular emergency call-out and on-call duties
- Respond to a trouble call; onsite within one hour of receiving the call
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR/AED
- A level of physical fitness essential to do the work including the ability to climb and work confidently at heights; and the willingness and ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Ontario Certification as a Hoisting Engineer - Mobile 2 is an asset
Burlington Hydro Inc. offers a competitive salary and an attractive pension and benefit package. To learn more about BHI, we invite you to visit us at www.burlingtonhydro.com.
This is a full time position located in Burlington. This is a unionized position and includes compensation and benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive compensation and benefit packages, a pension plan and an opportunity to make a difference in our community.
How to Apply
To find out more about Burlington Hydro, as well as other opportunities to join our team, please visit our website at www.burlingtonhydro.com.
Qualified candidates must send a detailed resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, email@example.com by Friday, October 18, 2019 (quote ‘Journeyperson Powerline Technician’ in the subject line).
Burlington Hydro Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank you in advance for applying but only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
September 24, 2019