Fort Erie, Ontario
Posted On: September 25, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 18, 2019
Canadian Niagara Power Inc. (“CNPI”) is an electric distribution company and has approximately 29,000 customers in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, and Gananoque. CNPI is a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc. ("FortisOntario"). FortisOntario, headquartered in Fort Erie, has operations in electricity distribution and transmission and serves approximately 66,000 customers primarily located in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Cornwall, Gananoque, and the Algoma district of Ontario and meets a peak demand of 257 MW. CNPI is currently recruiting for the following full-time opportunity working out of our corporate office in Fort Erie:
Reporting to the Vice President Finance/Chief Financial Officer, the Internal Auditor will be responsible to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services in planning, execution and reporting of internal/external audit projects. The candidate will assist the Board of Directors and FortisOntario executives in accomplishing business objectives with an acceptable risk framework by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to improve effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The candidate will also lead the independent evaluation of design and operating effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (“ICFR”) to support management evaluation of ICFR to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Section 302/304 in accordance with guidance and strategic planning from Fortis Inc. The Internal Auditor will enhance the current audit program, perform audit testing, prepare working papers and communicate issues to management throughout the audit, with additional formal reporting to the Board of Directors at audit completion. Candidate will also ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, contracts, laws, regulations, ethics violations and help safeguard the Company’s assets.
In order to be successful in this position the candidate will require a combination of sound auditing and financial knowledge, willingness to learn, problem solving capabilities and the ability to develop/maintain relationships with all levels of the organization. If you happen to be seeking a rewarding career, opportunity to work both independently, and be part of a collaborative and dynamic team with an attractive compensation package - we encourage you to apply!
Preference will be for a candidate that meets the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed a degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration; maintain a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation in good standing.
- 3 to 5 years’ of progressive auditing experience with a strong knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, internal controls systems and advanced accounting systems. Understanding of SOX compliance would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises, US GAAP would be an asset.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail, able to commit to an increased work volume on a periodic basis and adaptable to changing work priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent data analysis skills with the ability to identify opportunities for improvements and develop/implement appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of Ontario regulatory environment and an excellent understanding of the Ontario Energy Board’s Distribution System Code and Transmission System Code.
- Travel to other FortisOntario subsidiaries will be required on a periodic basis.
Please submit your application in PDF to HR@FortisOntario.com by October 18, 2019.
Indicate “INT-AUD” on the subject line. www.fortisontario.com
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will provide accommodation(s) when requested.
September 25, 2019