Meter Technician or Apprentice
Posted On: September 26, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 11, 2019
Essex Powerlines provides safe, reliable and economical electrical distribution and service to over 30,000 customers within the four municipalities Amherstburg, LaSalle, Leamington and Tecumseh. The foundation to empower our vision is based on a dynamic and progressive workforce that are industry leaders in providing 'best of class' business solutions in the delivery of service to our customers.
We are presently inviting applications for one Full-Time position of:
METER TECHNICIAN or APPRENTICE
Applications will be considered from candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Generally, as follows:
- Responsible for assisting as required with the design, planning, coordination, operation and maintenance of all metering systems as per Measurement Canada, ESA, OEB, IESO and other legislative requirements.
- Responsible to assist as required with coordination of and general day to day activities of appointed meter staff, and co-ordination of work with other Operations staff as required
- Responsible for ensuring safe work practices and compliance with OHSA and EUS Rules requirements are in place
- Performs installation, removal and maintenance of all metering equipment and systems, including troubleshooting, cross phase and accuracy analysis, etc
- Responds to and resolves customer complaints relating to metering and meter accuracy issues and power quality issues and complaints
- Maintains applicable documents and records as required
- Responsible for all associated administrative functions as required to be performed by this position.
Journeyperson applicants MUST possess an EDA Metering Technician designation and certificate, or equivalent certification which allows for an EDA Metering Technician designation and certificate to be obtained, and possess the Skills and Abilities listed below.
Apprentice applicants MUST have successfully completed a 3-year Electrical Engineering/Electronic Technologist Program from an accredited Ontario College.
The successful Apprentice candidate MUST successfully complete the EDA Metering Technician Theory Qualifying apprenticeship entrance exam, achieving a minimum score of 70% on the first attempt, and possess the Skills and Abilities listed below.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong background and working knowledge of applicable sections of the OHSA, EUS Rules, ESA regulations and all other applicable Safety legislation
- Letter of Reference documenting a safe work history
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the personality to work with metering staff, other operations staff, supervisory staff and public.
- Strong background in power measurement systems, theories and applications
- Strong background in computer skills, associated software applications and detailed record keeping
- Valid class G driver’s license and good driving record
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Licensed Electrician, Journeyperson Power Line Maintainer or equivalent is considered an asset
- Experienced and competent in working on and in the vicinity of energized electrical equipment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario electricity industry, deregulation and ESA, OEB, IESO requirements an asset
All of the above subject to testing and/or validation.
Essex Powerlines Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and pension plan in accordance with the Collective Agreement (I.B.E.W. Local 636 and Essex Powerlines Corp)
Interested applicants are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and a detailed resume by Friday, October 11, 2019 to
*please note Meter Technician in subject line*
Essex Powerlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
September 25, 2019