Health and Safety Manager
Posted On: September 27, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 11, 2019
Health and Safety Manager
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Services the Health and Safety Specialist is responsible to support Occupational Health and Safety and lead proactive loss prevention and control programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead, direction and assist in the development of the Health and Safety strategy, policy and procedures and proactive loss prevention and control programs.
- Implement and monitor safety plans, policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with regulations and standards, as well as laws governing workplace environmental, health and safety.
- Conduct regular site visits and audits to advocate safety with frontline leaders and team members.
- Create, implement and enforce health and safety policies and programs.
- Assign discipline as it relates to health and safety infractions.
- Analyze and report trends to identify and implement proactive actions to improve health and safety
- Participate in management decision making as it relates to health and safety issues.
- Conduct thorough accident investigations to identify root cause and taken appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage and develop techniques that will eliminate or reduce the risk of workplace injury, illness or damage to property.
- Develop and implement new health and safety programs.
- Responsible for providing workplace OHS compliance and lead accident investigations required under OHS.
- Update and maintain policies and procedures and programs.
- Perform and document workplace, work site and project inspections.
- Manage all health and safety documentation including training records, inspection reports, WSIB claims etc.
- Perform WSIB claims management and return to work planning.
- Develop and facilitate workplace and legislated health and safety training to new hires and existing employees.
- Provide daily support to managers and employees on matters relating to safety, health and the environment including health and safety reporting as required.
- Oversee health and safety administrative functions, including training matrix.
- Liaise with legislative bodies and other agencies associated with health and safety including but not limited to MOL, IHSA, WSPS, CSSE, EDA, MEARIE, ESA, WSIB, MTO, and CEA.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness and response planning. Carry out responsibilities under the Emergency Plan and supports business recovery and continuity plans.
- Organize public safety campaigns/programs. Liaison with outside agencies on employee and public safety.
- Oversight of Joint Health & Safety Committees
- Provide health and safety related guidance in connection with non-occupational absence management and attendance support.
- Work with outside vendors to lead BPI’s wellness initiatives. Recommend and implement wellness initiatives to the organization as well as coordinating wellness activities.
- Monitor AODA requirements and coordinate with key business leaders to ensure in all areas of the business we are meeting the prescribed requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or related discipline
- Certification or designation in Occupational Health and Safety
- Certification in an electrical trade would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Health and Safety
- Utility Experience an Asset
- Strong leadership, influencing and collaborative skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety
- Valid Driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker, flexible and adaptable
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours and to work in the field with Operations team in possible emergency situations
- Ability to promote a strong safety culture
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by Friday October 11th, 2019 at 4:30 p.m., to the attention of:
Brantford Power Inc.
P.O. Box 308, 84 Market St.
Brantford, ON N3T 5N8
doc or rtf format please
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
September 27, 2019