Halton Hills, Ontario
Posted On: October 02, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 15, 2019
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING - ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR
UNIONIZED POSITION WITH PWU CUPE LOCAL 1000
Halton Hills Hydro Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Accounting Coordinator. This position reports to the Controller, Finance and is responsible for the billings of recoverable jobs, reconciliation of billing sub ledgers and general accounts, reconcile and maintain fixed assets sub ledger, and assist with financial statements variance analysis.
- Reconcile work in progress accounts, with job costing on a monthly basis;
- Reconcile and maintain fixed assets sub ledger; this includes closing of jobs and creating fixed assets;
- Assist with financial statements journal entries variance analysis;
- Billing of customers in a timely and accurate manner;
- Reconcile accounts receivable sub ledgers and general ledger accounts on a monthly basis;
- Miscellaneous accounts receivable collections, as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- College Diploma in Accounting, or related field;
- 3 years’ accounting experience with job costing and full accounting cycle;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail with a high-level of accuracy;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision; must cope well under pressure;
- Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills and tactful communication;
- Highly skilled in time management, prioritization, and multitasking;
- Ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through reliability, punctuality, a collaborative approach, excellent listening skills, and a positive attitude;
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel)
- Strong analytical skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Comprehensive total compensation package;
- Opportunity to work with an experienced utility team;
- Direct experience within a highly regulated industry;
- Working in an environment with a strong commitment to safety;
- Training and development support and opportunities.
Starting rate: $28.50 per hour
Top rate: $35.65 per hour
Resumes are to be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
October 2, 2019