Manager, Facilities and Security
Last Day to Apply: July 10, 2020
Manager, Facilities and Security
Burlington Hydro is looking for a Facilities and Security Manager to provide on-site management. This is a great career opportunity for a strong leader who is eager to solve challenges. Reporting to the Director, Health & Safety, Security & Environment, the Facilities and Security Manager will ensure continuity in the areas of building operations and maintenance. The Facilities and Security Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of consistent and effective maintenance programs, policies and procedures to mitigate exposure to risk. The ideal candidate will be required to assess and respond to operational issues and ensure that the facilities are operating efficiently, safely and in compliance with all pertinent legislative codes and standards.
This position is responsible for all Burlington Hydro facilities which include its corporate property and offices on 1340 Brant street and 32 substations property and buildings throughout the City of Burlington.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Plan all facilities and security projects to ensure completion within the established health safety and timeframe including budget
- Regularly monitor, report and communicate project progress
- Liaise with internal and external user groups, such as contractors, vendors, designers, and manage requirements through budget and procurement processes
- Prepare and participate in annual corporate facilities and security audits
- Respond to inquiries related to the health, safety, environmental and operation of facilities, both regular and emerging
- Prepare budgets and long-range facility and security plans
- Oversee contractors involved in facility and security projects and delivery of services and assume overall responsibility for employees and contractors on site
- Ensure building operations comply with all local zoning laws, permits and municipal and provincial regulations
- Ensure all planned and essential service maintenance is scheduled performed, documented, and audited to ensure compliance with facilities requirements and consistent building operations
- Inspect new construction, maintenance and repair work for the purpose of ensuring that work is completed efficiently; specifications for major capital improvements are within regulations; and approving inspection reports and payment requests
- Manage the timely completion and review of key administrative deliverables such as monthly reports, annual reports, internal and external audits
- Establish and meet the annual operating plan goals and objectives
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a business/technical field or significant related experience
- Minimum 3-5-years’ experience in a Facilities and Security leadership position
- Possess and maintain a valid and clean abstract with a class “G” Ontario driver’s license; current First Aid and CPR Certification considered an asset
- Working knowledge of various building operating systems including: security, HVAC, sound, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and general building including fire and safety related systems
- Specific knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations related to the development, maintenance and construction of facility including methods, practices, equipment, and supplies used in the building trades; health and safety codes; occupational hazards, environmental impacts and safe work practices
- Specific knowledge to perform work in and around electrical distribution systems to maintain facilities essential to Burlington Hydro’s distribution substations.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, negotiation communication skills
- Team player with ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to adapt/respond quickly to changing requirements and effectively balance priorities to meet contractual requirements and deliverables
- Flexibility to work in a wide variety of circumstances including after normal business hours
- Independent problem solving to analyze issues and create action plans
- Ability to collaborate with others for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 10,2020. Applicants please note that accommodations are provided upon request. PLEASE QUOTE POSITION TITLE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank you in advance for applying but only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
June 4, 2020