Posted On: June 16, 2020
Last Day to Apply: July 01, 2020
Grimsby Power is located in the Town of Grimsby, between the cities of Hamilton and St. Catharines. Grimsby Power services over 11,600 customers and is committed to providing the Town of Grimsby with an economical, safe and reliable supply of energy.
Reporting to the Director of Finance the Accounting Assistant works within defined financial policies and plays a key role in supporting the team’s day-to-day financial administration.
- Prepare monthly corporate financial statements and reports;
- Maintain budget to actual financial information;
- Prepares journal entries and updates recurring entries and posts to the system;
- Tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedule(s);
- Responsible for cash flow report and reconciliation to general ledger;
- Performs monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts including cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, accruals, deferrals, revenues, expenses and work orders etc;
- Investigate accounting discrepancies and prepare working papers required for audit purposes;
- Coordinate closure of internal and customer projects with engineering and operations departments;
- Prepare quarterly bank debt covenant reports;
- Prepare and post bad debt entries in SAP;
- Record and maintain all bank entries in SAP;
- Prepares non-payroll government remittance reports including GST, HST and Debt Retirement Charges as required;
- Maintain Chart of Accounts;
- Assists with rate submissions and related projects;
- Performs additional accounting tasks to assist in the smooth operation of the department, as well as month and year end duties;
- Carries out any other duties or special projects as assigned;
- Post secondary education in Accounting or a minimum of 5 years experience performing an Accounting function. Preference will be given to candidates with a Degree in Accounting/Finance;
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail;
- Adaptable to changing work priorities/deadlines;
- Strong analytical ability and advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, and financial modeling;
- Familiar with regulatory principles and experience in a rate regulated industry (OEB);
- Ability to interpret legislation, codes, rules, etc;
- Ability to understand inter-related work processes;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain relationships with all levels of organization;
- Exceptional level of discretion, confidentiality and judgment with the fortitude to take initiative where appropriate.
This is a full time opportunity with a comprehensive salary, medical and dental plan and a defined benefit pension plan.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence, by submitting a letter of introduction and a resume, stating education, work experience and references, by July 1st, 2020 to:
Grimsby Power Incorporated
231 Roberts Road
Grimsby, ON L3M 5N2
No phone calls please. Grimsby Power is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
June 16, 2020