Lead Hand - PowerLIne Technician
Mount Forest, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: July 24, 2020
Lead Hand - Power Line Technician
Interested in working at a small utility with a sense of achievement, teamwork and community involvement? Wellington North Power, servicing the urban areas of Arthur, Holstein and Mount Forest, has an immediate opening for a Lead hand, Journeyperson Power Line Technician. The distribution system consists of 44kV sub-transmission, 4.16kV and 8.3kV distribution and six municipal substations.
The Major Duties in Addition to that of Powerline Technician Include:
- Plan and oversee daily work activities including construction projects, regular maintenance activities, metering and customer service support;
- Ensure safe work practices are followed in all activities;
- Provide guidance and leadership to fellow staff with respect to work execution;
- Ensure project-related documentation including Ontario Regulation 22/04 certificates, material issue sheets, utility work protection code switching orders and safety tailboards are completed;
- Oversee fleet and equipment maintenance;
- Maintain adequate levels of material in inventory;
- Involvement in capital planning of the distribution system to maintain reliability and safety; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 10 years’ experience as qualified Powerline Technician or equivalent;
- Demonstrated ability to use all equipment associated with the trade;
- Able to read and interpret work orders, construction drawings, verbal and written instructions;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Electrical Utilities Safety Rules, Ministry of Transportation’s Book 7 and Utility Work Protection Code;
- Working knowledge of Ontario Regulation 22/04;
- High regard for personal and public safety in a team environment;
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with above average computer knowledge;
- Readily available for on-call/standby duties and emergency call-out; and
- Must hold and maintain a valid “AZ” or “DZ” driver’s license in good standing.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday, July 24, 2020 to:
Wellington North Power Inc.
Attention: Jim Klujber
P.O. Box 359, 290 Queen Street West
Mount Forest ON N0G 2L0
E-mail to email@example.com
Wellington North Power Inc. would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
July 8, 2020