Operations Technician / Powerline Maintainer
Posted On: July 21, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 07, 2020
CENTRE WELLINGTON HYDRO LTD.
OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN/POWERLINE MAINTAINER
PERMANENT FULL TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
Centre Wellington Hydro is seeking an experienced and competent team player with exceptional mechanical aptitude to join our progressive electric distribution utility in the position of Operations Technician/Powerline Maintainer. Servicing over 7,000 customers in the former Village of Elora and Town of Fergus, within in the Township of Centre Wellington, the successful incumbent will support our ongoing commitment to customer and operational excellence while working within the OBCA and OEB regulations.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Technician/Powerline Maintainer will be responsible for the layout of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities, and electrical service connections for residential, commercial, and industrial customers, and be a member of the Line department completing new overhead and underground construction projects and maintenance tasks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, analyse, evaluate, plan, layout, overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities, and electrical service connections for residential, commercial, and industrial customers
- Prepare sketches, drawings, diagrams, schematics, and instructions to facilitate the design and construction of overhead and underground distribution systems in accordance with USF design standards and CWH policies
- Arrange and/or complete field inspections of contractor work to ensure conformance to company standards
- Responsible for co-ordinating metering activities including new installations, and maintenance of the smart meter network, scheduling contractors, complying with Measurement Canada regulations, and purchasing inventory
- PLM duties as part of the Lines Operations team including regular on call duty
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician or Technologist
- Able to attain C.Tech/C.E.T designation from OACETT
- Strong computer literacy skills for personal computers, CAD, GIS, SCADA
- Possession and maintenance of a Class DZ driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of one-year experience in the design of electrical distribution systems and/or currently hold the role of a Journeyman Powerline Maintainer or Apprentice
- Familiar operating knowledge of GIS Systems (ESRI)
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in completing written utility regulated documentation and reports
- Proven ability to work effectively, efficiently, and safely within a team and when providing excellent customer service
- Ability to physically perform essential duties of the position including regular on-call duties and response to emergency work outside of regular business hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume and cover letter in one .PDF formatted document to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:00pm.
To learn more about Centre Wellington Hydro and the complete requirements for this position, please visit our website at www.cwhydro.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available during all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants contacted by Human Resources for an interview are asked to make their needs known in advance.
July 21, 2020