Operations Powerline Maintainer
Posted On: July 21, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 07, 2020
CENTRE WELLINGTON HYDRO LTD.
OPERATIONS POWERLINE MAINTAINER
PERMANENT FULL TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
Centre Wellington Hydro is seeking an experienced and competent team player with exceptional mechanical aptitude to join our progressive electric distribution utility in the position of Operations Powerline Maintainer. Servicing over 7,000 customers in the former Village of Elora and Town of Fergus, within in the Township of Centre Wellington, the successful incumbent will support our ongoing commitment to customer and operational excellence.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Powerline Maintainer will be a part of the team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and construction of overhead and underground electricity distribution systems. The successful candidates will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Secondary school diploma, preference to college diploma
- Qualified Powerline Technician or equivalent. Consideration given to 2nd yr. apprentice or above
- Computer literacy skills, capable of using tablets to complete Work Orders
- Possession and maintenance of a Class DZ driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and equipment associated with the trade
- Proven ability to work effectively, efficiently, and safely within a team while providing excellent customer service
- Ability to physically perform essential duties of the position including regular on-call duties and response to emergency work outside of regular business hours
- Perform line clearing activities utilizing chainsaws, woodchipper and pole saws
- High level of competence in completing required documentation and reports i.e. 22/04 certificates, tailboards, switching orders, on a daily basis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume and cover letter in one .PDF formatted document to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:00pm.
To learn more about Centre Wellington Hydro and the complete requirements for this position, please visit our website at www.cwhydro.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available during all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants contacted by Human Resources for an interview are asked to make their needs known in advance.
July 21, 2020