Posted On: July 30, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 14, 2020
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp delivers power to more than 23,833 residential and business customers in the City of Welland with a history as a proven top performer in service delivery, efficiency, safety and system reliability.
Presently, we have a vacancy in our Line Department for a Journeyman Lineperson. Applicants must provide a detailed resume, outlining their education, experience and related qualifications.
- Demonstrate competency while operating electrical distribution equipment, in all weather conditions, and have knowledge and skills in substation work activities.
- Work with confidence both in situations of high elevation and in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift and handle various heavy tools, equipment, etc. in difficult body positions and able to perform bucket rescue.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and solid understanding of basic electric circuit theory.
- Must demonstrate a good safety record and be committed to working diligently towards a safer workplace.
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to communicate effectively with team members as required for overhead and underground work.
- Must demonstrate an exceptional level of customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Perform essential duties of the position including regular standby duties and the availability to respond to emergencies outside of normal working hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned. (e.g. meter installations).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Hold a valid Journeyman Lineperson certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety legislation including OHSA, EUSA rules, WHMIS, MTO and TDG Act etc.
- Must have and maintain a valid "DZ" driver's license in good standing.
- Must have valid CPR certification.
- Must live within 20 minutes from Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. office.
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications, in confidence by 12:00 pm Tuesday, August 14, 2020 to:
Subject: Journeyman Lineperson
Attention: Director of Customer Service & Employee Relations
Please advise if any accommodations are required in the application process for the advertised position as per the Accessibility Act.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, all information is collected under the authority of the Electricity Act, and will only be used during the selection process for the subject posting. For further information about how candidates’ information will be used in this recruitment process, please contact the Director of Customer Service and Employee Relations, Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. by telephone: (905) 732-1381 ext. 241 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 30, 2020