Industrial Construction Electrician / Electrical Apprentice
Last Day to Apply: September 19, 2020
Industrial Construction Electrician/ Electrical Apprentice
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is a progressive, privately-owned high-voltage electrical contractor located in Ajax, Ontario, Canada.
We specialize in high-voltage substation maintenance, construction, retrofits and wholesale energy-metering services. KPC houses all specialties internally to professionally implement all work, ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
We are dedicated to improving the reliability of each power system we work on, while dramatically reducing unwanted interruptions. Our work focuses primarily on the Utility, Industry and Institutional sectors, industries where stability and reliability of power is extremely critical.
KPC Power Electrical Ltd. is looking for experienced Industrial Construction Electrician/ Electrical Apprentice for our growing business. This position is responsible for providing technical field services and potential supervision over crews involved in all aspects of Substation Construction and Maintenance.
- Construction, maintenance, repairs, installation of low/medium/high voltage substation equipment; includes but is not limited to 4 kV, 13.8 kV, 27.6 kV, and 44 kV class equipment.
- Switchgear activities on various types of breakers such as oil filled, gas filled, air magnetic, and vacuum.
- Understanding of EUSA Safety Rules, Occupational Health & Safety Act, ESA Ontario Reg. 22/04, Utility Work Protection Code and all other applicable legislation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of contractor/utility field experience.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, and other contractors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supervising and leading teams on job sites preferred.
- Positive, proactive and high energy level, comfortable performing all activities within a power system in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
- Able to trouble shoot electrical circuits with the aid of drawings, prints, and analytics.
- Physically fit, able to lift various types and weights of equipment.
- Ability to travel to job sites, with some extended stay required.
- Safety conscious and willing to learn and adapt to changing technologies in the industry.
- Clean driving record, minimum G class license required, D class license would be an asset.
- Must be in good standing with Ontario College of Trades as a 309A Electrician – Construction and Maintenance, or be enrolled as an Apprentice Electrician with the Ontario College of Trades with at least 3000 hours.
- Post-secondary school education such as electrical engineering technology and or trade certificate is an asset.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to: email@example.com, quoting position title that you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
KPC is an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs. Selected candidates must be legally able to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
August 19, 2020