Substation Team Lead
Last Day to Apply: September 21, 2020
Cornwall is a beautiful, safe and friendly growing community and is located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario, and has everything you need to enjoy an exceptional quality of life. Cornwall has a small town feel, businesses and waterfront minutes away from your front door along with new opportunities awaiting around every corner. Situated along Highway 401, located near Kingston and the picturesque 1000 Islands -- plus only an hour drive to Ottawa or Montreal. Cornwall is an affordable place to live and a wonderful region to raise a family. Cornwall Electric is currently recruiting for a:
SUBSTATION TEAM LEAD
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Eastern Ontario, the Substation Team Lead will be responsible for transmission and distribution substation operations of Eastern Region; including construction, upgrading, maintenance, and troubleshooting. The incumbent is also in charge of system control room operations. Preparing and executing capital and operating budgets are essential part of the responsibilities. Experience and expertise in hand-on substation work, substation design, major equipment such as power transformers, breakers, switchgears, substation protection and control, metering, SCADA, GIS & OMS and control room operations are valuable assets.
The successful candidate will have practical knowledge of industry rules, common electrical utility practices and regulations (such as but not limited to the OEB, CEC, and EUSA). Candidates will have a working understanding of the electrical distribution utility environment, with a solid foundation of power systems and distribution system planning. This will be in addition to excellent communication and interpersonal skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Database management.
Along with establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships, the incumbent in this position will foster harmonious labour relations, seek process improvement opportunities as well as ensure compliance to Company polices and all applicable legislation. If you happen to have a positive attitude, be seeking a rewarding career, an opportunity to work both independently and be part of a collaborative/dynamic team with an attractive compensation package and more - we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Completed a three (3) year Engineering Technologist diploma and registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist (or equivalent) in good standing. Related industry experience will be considered at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience preferably in a regulated utility environment and experience directing work duties within a unionized environment.
- Experience with transmission and distribution line and substation construction would be an asset.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, originality, ingenuity, and engineering knowledge of principles for devising practical and economical solutions to engineering problems. Sound judgement and the ability to make difficult decisions, often with competing priorities.
- Ability to lead in a team environment and address any internal or external customer inquiries in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills including the ability to build successful relationships, make presentations to technical and non-technical audiences and liaise with peers in industry
- Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario “DZ” license with a clean driving abstract - travel will be required.
This opportunity will remain open until filled. Please submit your application in PDF to HR@FortisOntario.com.
Indicate “SUB-TEAM-LEAD” on the subject line. www.fortisontario.com.
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will provide accommodation(s) when requested.
August 21, 2020