Fort Erie, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: September 21, 2020
Canadian Niagara Power Inc. (“CNPI”) is an electric distribution company and has approximately 29,000 customers in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, and Gananoque. CNPI is a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc. ("FortisOntario"). FortisOntario, headquartered in Fort Erie, has operations in electricity distribution and transmission and serves approximately 66,000 customers primarily located in Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Cornwall, Gananoque, and the Algoma district of Ontario and meets a peak demand of 257 MW. CNPI is currently recruiting for the following full-time opportunity working out of our corporate office in Fort Erie:
This is a progressive position that requires a high degree of technical knowledge and skill allied to a strong work ethic. The established progression series takes the successful candidate through expected training and on-the-job experience that begins with the Operations Technician Trainee position through to an Operations Technician IV.
The purpose of this position is to install, test, maintain and repair all protection, controls, communications, SCADA and metering systems at the Company’s generation, transmission and distribution facilities. This candidate will provide general support for the Company’s operations, substation and metering areas. The candidate will also be required to be familiar with databases, Intelligent Electronic Devices, perform technical studies and power quality investigations as required.
This progressive position requires work to be performed in accordance will all pertinent legislation, regulations and in alignment with the Company’s policies and procedures. The successful candidate shall demonstrate an unrelenting commitment and passion to safety, ethics and a mindset to strive for continuous improvements.
In order to be successful in this position the candidate will require a combination of technical and hands on experience, willingness to learn, problem solving capabilities and the ability to develop/maintain relationships with all levels of the organization. If you happen to be seeking a rewarding career, opportunity to work both independently, and be part of a collaborative and dynamic team with an attractive compensation package - we encourage you to apply!
Preference will be for a candidate that meets the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed a three (3) year Electrical Engineering Technologist diploma from an accredited Ontario college. Registered with OACETT and achieved the C.E.T. designation (or working towards) within the Province of Ontario.
- Successfully completed the MEARIE Operator and Substation Training programs.
- Strong background and working knowledge of applicable sections of the OHSA, UWPC, EUSR, ESA regulations and all other applicable safety legislation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, as well as the personality to work with other operational departments and outside agencies/customers.
- Ability to think critically and analytically with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Advanced computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario “G” license with a clean driving abstract.
(Apprentices may submit their application, but consideration will be at the discretion of the Company)
This opportunity will remain open until filled. Please submit your application in PDF to HR@FortisOntario.com.
Indicate “OPS TECH” on the subject line. www.fortisontario.com.
We thank all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. FortisOntario is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will provide accommodation(s) when requested.
August 21, 2020