Director, Customer Care
Posted On: September 11, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 11, 2020
Director, Customer Care
We are proud and excited to have been selected to partner with Alectra Utilities to source a Director, Customer Care.
Alectra Utilities Corporation is a subsidiary of Alectra Inc. and serves approximately one million homes and businesses across an 1,800 square kilometer service territory comprising 17 communities including Alliston, Aurora, Barrie, Beeton, Brampton, Bradford, Guelph, Hamilton, Markham, Mississauga, Penetanguishene, Richmond Hill, Rockwood, St. Catharines, Thornton, Tottenham and Vaughan. The Alectra family of companies includes Alectra Inc. (Mississauga), Alectra Utilities Corporation (Hamilton) and Alectra Energy Solutions (Vaughan).
With their core values of Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Excellence and Innovation; Alectra Utilities employs bright, energetic and customer-focused people who help bring their exciting mission as a new industry-leading electricity distribution and renewable energy company to life. Alectra Utilities embraces diversity and offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. Alectra supports continuous personal evolution of its employees with ongoing investment in human capital. This is a pivotal time to join this employer of choice.
The Director, Customer Care provides direction and leadership to all aspects of Customer Care including: Contact Centers, Digital Transactions, New Connections and Key Account Management. This position develops, directs and enhances the customer care activities through the delivery of high performance, quality services to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Plans, manage and lead the Customer Care functions, including Contact Centers, Digital Transactions, New Connections and Key Account Management
- As a key contributor, supports customer service organizational transformation and visioning activities
- Provides stakeholder and key account relationship management
- Ensures departmental processes are in accordance with relevant Ontario Energy Board (OEB) and Provincial regulation and legislation
- Leads the development of customer communications and key messages for staff in coordination with Corporate Communications related to key corporate initiatives including; customer engagement channel and technology enhancements, rates and regulatory changes, power outage communications, service delivery related events, customer satisfaction measures and key account programs
- Leads industry Customer Advisory Group activities and customer feedback processes
- Leads and develops annual continuous improvement plans based on input and feedback obtained to enhance the customer experience
- Manages the continuous improvement in customer experience by maximizing the use of current technology and assessing business requirements to respond to industry pressures and improve digital (omni channel) interactions, improve call flow and response times
- Develops and manages quality control checks for service levels across all customer engagement channels and takes action to ensure that performance is consistent with service level agreements with affiliates as well as 3rd party contracts and are managed within a defined budget
- Responds to high-level concerns, disputes or issues from stakeholder groups including customers, Ontario Energy Board, Ministry of Energy, Municipal Councilors, etc.
- Ensures telephone accessibility, telephone call abandon rate and written response to inquiries meet the Service Quality Indicator requirements of the OEB and are reported accurately
- Files SQI reporting of Connection of New Services, Appointment Scheduling, Appointments Met, Rescheduling of a Missed Appointment
- Supports the protection of utility interests including property damage claims and associated legal action defense management
- Ensures operating procedures and documentation are in place to provide key support to the corporate Electrical Emergency Preparedness Plan’s Administration Coordinator to ensure effective channels of communications are established to customers, staff, management, stakeholders, media and outside agencies including the responsibility for establishing Emergency Contact Centre operations
- Provides overall people leadership and direction through coaching, development, performance management and resource planning
- Translates organization strategy into annual business plans and budgets and manages resources accordingly
- Oversees department projects and key initiatives to ensure quality and timely completion within budget
- Recommends and implements new or enhanced policies, procedures and processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Ensures compliance to legislative, regulatory and Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards
- Exceptional people leadership and development, exercise good judgment and be results-driven
- Cultural awareness and ability to lead change
- Makes Effective Decisions: Ability to make informed, inclusive and timely decisions that positively impact the company
- Change Management: Able to effectively manage through complex, volatility, ambiguity and uncertainty in the business landscape of today.
- Builds commitment to Company/Department Vision: Ability to effectively communicate the department/firm vision, values, and goals, and to build a shared commitment to her/his achievement.
- Develops Others: Ability and desire to provide feedback and coach others to produce sustained levels of successful performance and maximize potential.
- Acts Strategically (Planning): Capacity to formulate strategies, to translate strategies into business plans, and to implement actions to achieve business objectives.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- 8+ years in an executive customer experience role, with superior working knowledge and experience with current customer contact management strategies (including work from home modeling and digital transformation) technologies, digital and telephony applications and systems, including work force and resource utilization tools and Key Performance measures
- An aptitude for Change Management with a proven history of success leading organizational transformation.
- Excellent understanding and related experience in customer relationship, issue/dispute resolution, shareholder, stakeholder, and key account management
- Degree in business administration or a related discipline
- Professional designation (CPA, MBA) is a definite asset
- Thorough understanding of the electricity industry with experience in dealing with the OEB, IESO, Municipal Governments, industry stakeholder groups and corporate industry
- Extensive knowledge of Customer Care functions, including Billing and Collection processes and Customer Information Systems
- Understanding of the applicable laws, codes, regulations and reporting requirements in a regulated utility
- Proficiency in MS Office application and knowledge of Oracle CC&B and J.D. Edwards Enterprise One Financials and CRM tools is a definite asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous success examples of managing through change and evolution of the business and industry
Interested candidates please email your resume in confidence to Sandra Gomes at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 11, 2020