Posted On: October 05, 2020
Last Day to Apply: October 30, 2020
Lakefront Utility Services Inc. (LUSI) is currently searching for a highly motivated, results oriented individual for the position of Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Finance this position will be responsible for a variety of accounting, payroll, and other finance department functions.
- Preparation of payroll, including processing payments to Receiver General, setting up new employees, update and monitoring employees’ vacation, banked overtime, and sick records.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for all affiliates.
- Preparation of purchase orders and quotes for electrical and water purchases and process inventory transactions in Great Plains.
- Co-ordinate quarterly inventory counts for larger inventory items (transformers) and co-ordinate year-end inventory count.
- Preparation of monthly invoices for: water services provided to Municipalities, water tower rentals, and miscellaneous charge jobs.
- Assist with preparations for external audit and various audit working papers as required.
- Assist with Regulatory and compliance filings and applications, including participation in OEB regulatory filing process.
- Back-up to the Finance Department: including accounts payable and HST.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time, including assistance related to any special projects.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Business, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner is considered an asset.
- Experience with Great Plains is an asset.
- Excellent ability to work in a fully computerized environment including advanced skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical and communication skills and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with rigid deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to draw on a number of known creative and analytical options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Professional manner, desire to learn and ability to take responsibility and initiative.
This is a non-union position and salary is commensurable with qualifications and experience. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive compensation and benefit package, pension plan and opportunities for development. Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on October 30th, 2020 to the attention of Human Resources, 207Division Street, PO Box 577, Cobourg, ON, K9A 4L3 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended. LUSI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
October 5, 2020